Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
there was only i case i think. there wasn't enough time so i only put the following

- macrodantin CI with low crcl, and lower limb sensory loss
- implement methotrexate due to poor management of RA
- change NSAID to paracetamola adn fish oil
- delay sulfasalazine (stupid)

i missed the big sulfur allergy which was pretty stupid, and the finasteride one.

what did you get?
That's so unfair they made everyone do the same case. The afternoon ones would've had an advantage. I did:

- replace macrodantin with amoxycillin + clavulanic acid. So glad I used the 2009 AMH not 2008, because 2008 doesn't say it's CIed. Even though I wasted so much time getting used to the electronic format (I'm a hardcore hardcopy person)
- keep on hydroxychloroquine because even though I forgot to ask if this flare up has happened before, it says on the table it's been effective till now. I actually didn't put two and two together that sulfasalazine had sulfur in it (how stupid!) but I reasoned there was no point starting them on a new drug that had more side effects if it had been effective till now. So net conclusion = didn't start sulfasalazine, remained on hydroxychloroquine at same dose
- I didn't put methotrexate as it has a lot of side effects associated with it and it's indicated for moderate rather than mild RA.
- increased fish oil. but not to the correct amount as I misread. misread it as prescribing 2.7g which is right, but only of the active amount. argh!
- I thought about paracetamol, but RA is inflammatory and I thought an NSAID would be better (haha probably is better actually, now that my fish oil amount is still not high enough). So I replaced piroxicam with meloxicam, since celecoxib has sulfur in it.

BPH I didn't address--apparently everyone had different answers depending on the interviewer. Mine said Flomaxtra was too expensive, yeah I admit I didn't ask about BPH but mine emphasised the pins and needles and RA were really bothering her. I forgot to address smoking as well. And I used two versions of the AMH :eek: bcos I simply lost patience with eAMH 09 so used my hardcopy 08.

:uhoh:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
see, this is what I mean by all the shit I have to go through just to put a label on the box. Pharmacist = glorified dispensing tech.
that's not true. pharmacists also sell fishermans friend

[youtube]CUIkp4Lxyko[/youtube]

lala2

Banned
HSC
You know what, that's the degree I should've done. A healthy amount of science with creativity to break it up. Is it just me or has BOS been down a lot lately? (namely 8pm-10pm the last few nights?) At least I'm glad to know my brain is still semi-functional during downtime--now I know how pregnancy tests work...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You know what, that's the degree I should've done. A healthy amount of science with creativity to break it up. Is it just me or has BOS been down a lot lately? (namely 8pm-10pm the last few nights?) At least I'm glad to know my brain is still semi-functional during downtime--now I know how pregnancy tests work...
do chemical engineering

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Joints in fingers currently size of grapes, and it's only in my writing hand. Special con bus everywhere woo.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lol, are you doing chem eng? wouldn't do that--had more than enough of chem. and I'm a shit problem solver too.

Woah, what happened to your hand?
Unsure, think it's chilblains because it only occurs in cold weather. I've had it previous winters but not the point where it's impaired my handwriting. Still attending my exam this arvo and tomorrow, but have a doctors appointment today and will get a certificate which I'll hand in if I think I stuffed up, otherwise will save it as an excuse for next week when I have the maths exam I'm completely fucked for. The other thing with technical subjects is having a scribe would be more of a hinderance than a help :/

EDIT: Knowing my luck, arthritis.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Demolished Projects exam, 85% I needed for an HD in that subject looking probable.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Demolished Projects exam, 85% I needed for an HD in that subject looking probable.
nice waf, i reckon i'm looking around 70-80 overall for that subject. It was alot easier than i thought.

Also, enrolled into comp3615 and resolved my clash. Hope i get a good group...so waf how are your programming skills looking? :p

Going to take the evening off and get some study done for isys and elec tomorrow.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd rate myself with C++ and C, Java I haven't written more than a couple of hundred lines in the last couple of years but could probably pick up again without much hassle.

Do you have a name, Mr Goony?

EDIT: Still studying for operating systems. 6 weeks worth of content make up one 15 mark question (out of 100), don't know why I'm bothering.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
My WebCT has exploded. Never even seen so many subjects before (doubt any normal student would though).

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The computers on level 2 at Fisher are so fucking awful and slow, everything's very slow and buggy for the first 5 mins and it's almost impossible to be on two different programs at once. Don't even get me started on the charming 5 minute limit on the printing computers, which when I finally got my email attachment to open in word, had kicked me off, with only five minutes left to relogin, print it and run to hand it in.
to go back about eight pages, this exact same thing happened to me today. my printer at home was screwing up and i wanted to print off my exam notes so i could cram in the ~20 minutes before the exam, but then the shitty computers fucked me over so i ended up with barely any time to go over the notes anyway. plus a fucking downpour started while i was walking to my exam room so they got saturated and the first two pages were borderline unreadable. i hate life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)