• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Hey Silver Persian. Random question but do you know much about Class and Status in Sociology?.... You probs should since you are a Sociology God.... What theory do you prefer Weber or Marx/Engels? I have an online tutorial on the subject, you got anything interesting/enlightening I can ponder?
Check PMs :)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Sociology god. lolol.

I am dead. I tried to explain what context is and how it affects writing/reading/interpretating meanings in texts to yr7s and it just went over their heads.

Also their generation does not know the "Where the Wild Things Are" picture book. Talk about deprived childhood. :(

Also only have 2.5 days next week! YAY!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Twilight sucks. Gender studies has a class where its a compulsory text. Gross.

They're making a Where the Wild Things Are movie guys!!!! Go watch the trailer!!
So excited! :eek:

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
I am in the middle of reading twilight atm...
its horrible, I cant believe its all in first person....

kokodamonkey

HSC
Although comrade, I am very sympathetic towards the idea of stimulating an economy through infrastructure development. I'm sure it's not as effective, but it's a two pronged benefit! Stimulation and benefit for da future!
train lines don't get kept in peoples pockets...

btw IM BACK EVERYBODY

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Do you have any stats or anything on that? I was under the impression people were gonna use the money to get themselves out of bills and what not. That's not a pocket. That's what I remember from the Herald, anyway.

Remember when Turnbull advocated tax cuts? Hehehehe.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Do you have any stats or anything on that? I was under the impression people were gonna use the money to get themselves out of bills and what not. That's not a pocket. That's what I remember from the Herald, anyway.

Remember when Turnbull advocated tax cuts? Hehehehe.
How about that extra $500million spent on pokies over christmas.. i wonder where all that money came from..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Twilight sucks. Gender studies has a class where its a compulsory text. Gross.

They're making a Where the Wild Things Are movie guys!!!! Go watch the trailer!!
So excited! :eek:
Hahahahahahahhaahah what.

I didn't think it was possible for me to respect Gender Studies majors less, but there you go.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Yaaay. finally 1500 posts.. This calls for some sort of celebration... say an accounting exam tomorrow..

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I've applied to Railcorp already. Kinda fucked for Accenture for an internship (as amazing as that would be) because my average is probably a credit, if that, though this semester's looking like the one where I turn it around and get straight 80s.

EDIT: What's the pay like at Railcorp, if you don't mind me asking?
2nd year: about $16 an hour
3rd year : about $18 an hour
4th+ year: about $21 an hour

Everyone at railcorp is getting a payrise in a couple of weeks, so maybe add 4% to that. They put you on a casual contract so you only work the hours you turn up for (although most managers want you to have regular rostered hours).

The pay is a bit less than other places (GHD's interns are on the grad salary, so around $28 an hour), but hey, free transport kinda balaces it out.

I reckon you could do an accenture internship with a credit average (and plus since you seem to do alot of extra-curric stuff) and since you're in 4th year now yeah? Couldn't hurt to try anyway.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
How about that extra $500million spent on pokies over christmas.. i wonder where all that money came from..
I very firmly believe, without any evidence whatsoever, that the $500million extra spent on pokies is A DIRECT RESULT of Rudd's stimulus package.

Could be. Iuno but I find the ease at which you jump to conclusions somewhat troublesome, comrade.

And in any case, spending money on pokies is still spending. :p

kokodamonkey

HSC
What the heck would software engineering have to do with working at railcorp Justin... when's the last time they built something..(apart from epping to chatswood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)