Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I still really love Chemistry. I am quite surprised by this. I still put it off for 6 hours today though and am now screwed 'cause I only have tomorrow to study and missed the last 2 weeks when I was sick. :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i dont even have tomorrow to study :( i dont know how im going to do this. i couldnt get anyone to cover my shift tomorrow

ummmm i think ill do maths until the early hours of the morning and idk cram the rest on the train to my exam. pffft amazing how i can have a whole few months and its the last few hours that really make a difference
Call in sick, even if it means you have to lick toads to contract something, imo.

Currently 15 lectures through a 39 lecture course and it's making a moderate degree of sense.

icecoffee

HSC
I've had a massive headache for two consecutive days. No studying achieved whatsoever. FML.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
oh good im not the only one still actually trying to make sense of the content, let alone memorise/be able to apply it

yeah i would but its a double shift, and i worked tonight so they KNOW im not sick, and ive been whinging about exams and not having enough time for the last week, so theres no chance of that. i think ill be able to cram enough to pass, which is all i need
This maths has no application. :( Most of this exam's going to be explaining concepts afaik.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
um so in maths exams, is it more proving theorems or applying them?

cause there are soo many proofs in this book and i really cbf reading through them all/learning how to do them
depends if you are in adv or normal

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
think its a fairly even mix of proof/application (idk)

normal has no proving in it

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
lol they also give you these gay calculators (fx 115 ms)

that are just completely useless

(props to fag who says u can do the entire exam without one)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
mmm cause all of my assessments have been half half, but id assumed that was because we'd had time to consider/write out proof

theyre too damn long to write out in the exam and are far too hard to cram
Past exams are exactly how your exam will go down.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/exams/science.html

Past exam papers for 1901/1902 are available here. Multiple choice is usually fairly basic shit like "Which of these is the inverse of these guys" "What does this look like after row reduction" and "What are the eigenvalues?"

EDIT: You don't need to memorise proofs. You need to remember the basic idea of how to do some important ones though because if they do ask you to prove something they'll usually do it in the form of a 5 part question which walks you through proving a bunch of small lemmas which come together to prove the bigger result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)