Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

bio_nut

HSC
Oh lame.
BOS spotting is boring anyway since I don't know any new people.

In my 3hr EDSE workshop last week, we spent an hour drawing visable representations of ourselves as English teachers using crayons. Yeah. That was win.
God. Why are you complaining about a 4 day week then?

I spent 5 hours waiting for fucking proteins to move through columns and taking absorbances yesterday.

5 day week and so many hours. I practically live in the microbio/biochem building.

Dispersed with time in Blackburn, joy.

All my labs lined up this week again. Will be doing four lab heavy courses each sem from next sem onwards.

FUCK.

Don't mind me, I'm tired and grumpy and haven't eaten in almost a day. Bleh.

bio_nut

HSC
did you forget to apply a pressure or something? five hours seems extreme, lol.
Oh, we did other pracs too lol. And several columns, ion exchange and mol weight ones and more and so much spec and yeah

Bleh :p

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Okay, I now have a personal vendetta against my lecturer for setting a ridiculously difficult exam. Nobody's going to make me out the fool like that. I will end him.

Going to write a program that helps me practice questions.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
vanush: you tell them
bkm: sounds like we're doing similar stuff. albeit in completely different schools.

bio_nut

HSC
Well you're into the org chem, yeah? So some stuff would overlap, we use far, far more previous knowledge from chem than bio. First year bio was pretty much useless apart from MBLG.

I miss the school of chem though :(

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
im doing inorganic lab this semester
titrations
columns
UV/IR/AAS
volumetric flasks

etc

*shudder*

bio_nut

HSC
it's probably one of the most organised and well planned schools/departments in the entire uni imo. certainly the best i've seen.
Agreed.

School of Molecular Bioscience are pretty awesome too though. With the exception of microbio for some reason.

Anything Dale Hancock organises is amazing, and I've heard great things about Gareth Denyer next semester, hmm.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
boi_nut: Complaining because there's no real learning going on here. I can draw pretty pictures of myself at home. Also because I work Wed and Thurs nights from 4 -9PM. So we're in the same boat. No food, long hours. :)

bio_nut

HSC
Yeah, I work too, have to skip some of my lectures to. Have a 25 hours week anyway, guess it won't hurt :s sigh Guess uni just can suck in general for everyone! :p

I have the WORST headache, one of those ones that lasts for days and painkillers don't help. Owie :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah that was probs me.

You can tell it's me because I have a backpack.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I work too, have to skip some of my lectures to. Have a 25 hours week anyway, guess it won't hurt :s sigh Guess uni just can suck in general for everyone! :p

I have the WORST headache, one of those ones that lasts for days and painkillers don't help. Owie :(
thats called brain cancer

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
can we do graffiti next week? plz
Would not mind to do graffti next week.. if it suits my ridiculous timetable. AKA not Wed or Thurs please.

Alternatively, can someone just please pledge their undying love for jayadore on one of the walls?

:eek:

jet

Banned
HSC
it's probably one of the most organised and well planned schools/departments in the entire uni imo. certainly the best i've seen.
QFT.

But I have to say, I can't write a report on 2 experiments in 2 pages maximum :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)