Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Some huge percentage of the year 4 primary ed folks failed their portfolio.

And like... a lot of them were straight-HD students. Completely amazing teachers.

I think the problem was that they said "It'll show more sophistication if you integrate the elements", but then most people who did that did really poorly, and people who just set it out as Element 1, Element 2 etc did well.

I know that's why I nearly nearly nearly failed. Just barely barely passed.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The Professional Teaching Standards (which are set by the Institute of Teachers, which every teacher has to meet before they can be accredited) has seven Elements.

Like... Teachers know their students and how they learn, Teachers develop a positive rapport with their students etc.

Each element has several aspects that you have to meet within it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah that was the most logical way to do it, but they threw us off by saying that if you integrate them it'd show more sophistication.

Soooo a bunch of people tried, and most of them quite literally failed.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Failing just means you have to resubmit it and have a chat with the unit coordinator. It was a pass/fail assessment so once you resubmit you're on the same level as everyone else.

They passed like half the course even though they didn't meet criteria because they didn't want to re-mark everyone's portfolio.

HSC
Uni Grad
lawl, still annoying though, but I spose not as bad as it could have been.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah it could have been "Failed lol, failed the unit now you have to stay at uni another semester hahahhaha!"

But the ed faculty usually gives you a second chance. For most assessments, if you fail you can ask to resubmit for a pass.

HSC
Uni Grad
That's pretty awesome, I wonder if that works at other unis as well...

Though hopefully I wont be in that position but it would still be nice to know.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
HAHAHA! Good suggestion.
I probably should- saves them from making me 'think about it for a week, and then come back and tell us' >:{

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)