Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
33.5 for chem 1101 and avg was 43.5.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I need 39% to pass, f me.

47%raw including the quizzes pre work and assignments :( so close

Last edited:
HSC
Woot just got D for Concepts. Not doing Advanced though. What's the difference anyway?

Chemistry raw marks are out too
Marks for CHEM1901 (June 2010)

Below average >_<
adv this semester was almost exactly the same - the only difference was the assignment which wasn't too hard if you followed the instructions and marking criteria VERY closely... but if you got a D you should be doing advanced :) (not sure what the differences will be next sem tho)

woo thanks for the chem link... think I'm going to get a credit :shy: which I'm very happy with considering I crapped my way through the exam with a MASSIVE headache due to sitting in direct sunlight for the full 3 hours... :(

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I still have zero results back.

If I absent failed, they would have contacted me by now right?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I still have zero results back.

If I absent failed, they would have contacted me by now right?

HSC
Yeh I think my Aerobiology Report pulled my mark up x) And yeah I pretty much followed what they asked. I'm doing MBLG next semester and I'm not liking the times for Advanced. I'm happy with my timetable now. Can't be bothered changing it xD

What mark is credit? My brain is too dead to work out what the graphs mean >_<
oh k, I just figure that adv courses will look better on your transcript in the end, so if you can do them then do :) (thats just my thoughts tho...)

the graphs just show you your mark for the exam which was worth 70%... so credit is a mark over 65 overall when you take into account that and your other marks... I didn't work out mine exactly (WAY too much effort bahaha... but I think I'll get about 70 :shy: )

:devil:

HSC
Ohh true that xD Can I just change from MBLG1001 to MBLG1901 if I got a D in BIOL1001?

EDIT: I heard you need an ATAR over 95 and Band 5 in HSC bio and chem to do advanced :S I didn't get the ATAR and I didn't do HSC bio...
yup you can change - for sem 2 adv units you just need a D or better in a uni biology unit (or an ATAR of over 93... but this doesnt matter if you got a D in bio)

for sem 1 it was at least a band 5 in the appropriate hsc science unit...

and btw WOW you did will for not having done hsc bio!!

and btw2 i'm not saying I know what will be different about the adv bio courses in sem 2 - just saying that in sem 1 the only difference was the assignment..

youandmexo

HSC
how are you guys already getting your marks?

do they mail it to you?
Some have come out on my uni. They get mailed to us on july 19 dont they? I read that somewhere but pretty sure they will be on myuni before then.

HSC
why would you want them to not mail you them? don't you want the official letter? ...

ps. i love your sig :)

HSC
Hrrm really indecisive haha. MBLG1901 would give me 4 8am starts O_O Plus I only JUST got a D and I failed my first quiz for Concepts soo... Bleh haha
guess it depends where your course is headed aswell.. didn't you say you do adv chem? so I take it you're more into that stuff?

HSC
I have no idea what I'm going to major in. Yeah do adv chem and maths hence all the 8am starts. Would it make much of a difference to have another 6cp of advanced units?

Update failed - The following errors were encountered:

* MBLG 1901 Failed prerequisite checking
* Please consult the Online Unit of Study Handbook for information regarding Pre-Requisites, Co-Requisites and Course Rules.
weeeeell ... it does say in the handbook that its recommended to take no more than 12cp of adv units per semester ... and it seems your interests lie elsewhere so prob nothing great lost :p

(also the reason why it says prerequisite checking failed is cos you have to get some form signed or something stupid i think :S )

only reason why I know all this crap is cos I'm currently doing animal & vet bioscience and am changing to science this sem so have been looking up all relevant info :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ah for fucks sake
still havent got any results

we just get them off my admin>unit of study results right?

HSC
not all subjects are there yet ... 2 of mine arent... have just been lucky with chem and bio i guess :)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lol wtf
i click unit of study results on student administration

and now my course doesnt even come up! it used to, now it doesnt! weird...

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
still no results

fuckin uni

always the last week before the mail-out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)