Semester 1 results (1 Viewer)

gurmies

Drover
HSC
SCIF was fine. The only semester where you're, for all intents and purposes, doing three subjects and not four.

aya-chan

HSC
SCIF was fine. The only semester where you're, for all intents and purposes, doing three subjects and not four.
That's until they dump you with all this useless stuff to do, like peer reviews and a biography of yourself in 15 years, AFTER you've finished all your exams effectively ruining your holidays.

Also, about a week or two before the exams ended, there was just SO much SCIF work to do - as useless as the subject is, you still have to do the work. E.g. The 10-page report + 10 minute presentation (for the physics stream), plus the mind-map, 5-minute seminar, among other stuff that I can't think of right now. That was ridiculous.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Nice to see they've changed their ways. /sarcasm
well, it seems like theres a maths stream now, when I did it last year, it was a maths/physics, not that I found the maths stream much better than the physics anyway...
and you guys have said the best/only good thing about SCIF was the camp, and we didn't even have one lol.

aya-chan

HSC
well, it seems like theres a maths stream now, when I did it last year, it was a maths/physics, not that I found the maths stream much better than the physics anyway...
and you guys have said the best/only good thing about SCIF was the camp, and we didn't even have one lol.
We were going to have a maths/physics stream, but there was just too many people in the maths stream, so they split us up.

but wow. SCIF without the camp. I would've transferred.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The thing with the SCIF camp is that it forced you to meet people - not in the groups you were put in, but the people in your cabin or even - in my case - a random person who decides to sit with you at breakfast. And that's fantastic.

unholybuddha

HSC
ENGG1000: 76
MATH1141: 92
PHYS1121: 88
WAM:85.33

MINE1010 comes later because i still have a report to write up. Short lived HD WAM :awesome:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ENGG1000: 76
MATH1141: 92
PHYS1121: 88
WAM:85.33

MINE1010 comes later because i still have a report to write up. Short lived HD WAM :awesome:
MATH1141? Hmm... were you in the Greenhill/Cowling or Sukochev/Schief lectures? (out of curiosity)

Also I have: SCIF1121 - 79, to report.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Hey guys.
I failed 2 course. T_T
One of them is Physics with mark 49.
I don't even get PC because I need 0.05 WAM more.
My academic standing is REFERRAL.

I'm swear to god I'm smart. This all because of procrastination.
I was above average student in high school. Physics was one of my strong points. Straight A. What should I do?
have you considered transferring to this fine institution? https://www.tafensw.edu.au/

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Oh come on. I rarely attend the class. And only prepared 3 days before the exam.
I was wrong. I regret it.
Do I have to retake (and pass) the course in order to obtain bachelor degree?
Yes, unfortunately. However, if you miss PC only by 0.05, then talk to the dean or the faculty to see what they can do. Also, if it's 49 then it's worth getting a recheck, it's free if you failed and who knows there could be some error.

My standard advice is take a gap semester and enjoy some fresh air, especially if those courses are only offered in semester 1 and are prerequisites. If you got some personal or family issues, deal with them before going back to uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
sukochev and schief's. didn't really pay attention to them though
I attended one of Schief's lectures but I sat waaay at the back and he didn't use a microphone <_<

Doing 1241 next sem, unholybuddha? You should say hai sometime (though in 1141 I was with Cowling/Greenhill).

Hey guys.
I failed 2 course. T_T
One of them is Physics with mark 49.
I don't even get PC because I need 0.05 WAM more.
My academic standing is REFERRAL.

I'm swear to god I'm smart. This all because of procrastination.
I was above average student in high school. Physics was one of my strong points. Straight A. What should I do?
Well... you go talk to the uni people. Perhaps this will light a fire in you and you won't do something as silly as what you just did.

Yes, you have to re-take and pass the course next sem.

unholybuddha

HSC
Doing 1241 next sem, unholybuddha? You should say hai sometime (though in 1141 I was with Cowling/Greenhill).
yep im doing 1241 :)
who are ur lecturers? mine are tisdell and britz

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Oh come on. I rarely attend the class. And only prepared 3 days before the exam.
I was wrong. I regret it.
Do I have to retake (and pass) the course in order to obtain bachelor degree?
Better do whatever the dean say then... *cough* *cough*

karnage

HSC
Oh btw, who has done Engineering Mechanics (Either CVEN1300 or MMAN1300 or MINE1300)?
How was it? Do you know the difference between one another?
I did CVEN1300, its an alright course. Just do the tutorials each week and you'll be fine, lecturer wasn't that great due to a bad accent

If i recall, difference between CVEN1300 and MMAN1300 is CVEN1300 is more based on statics, spent like maybe 9 out of 12 weeks on it, then the last 3 weeks on dynamics. Whereas MMAN1300 is more based on dynamics so with that, I guess you can say CVEN1300 is easier.

aya-chan

HSC
What is SCIF? Camp? For what faculty? I didn't know about this.
SCIF stands for science faculty. We're talking about the course SCIF1121 in particular, which came with a compulsory camp this year. SCIF1121 is compulsory for everyone doing Advanced Science or Advanced Maths. The camp sucked though, except for the forced bonding.

Dr No

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol you have to go on a camp if you do advanced maths, fucking gay!

SO you get a HD for going on a camp, so they are making maths even easier?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol you have to go on a camp if you do advanced maths, fucking gay!

SO you get a HD for going on a camp, so they are making maths even easier?
m8, the subject is SCIF - not maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)