Semester 1 Timetables (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i know this isn't very smart to ask.. But how do you customise your timetable? (Take days off and change course times)

Have you tried ticking the boxes next to the respective lecture and tutorial times allocated by default?

gaugau1

HSC
It's so bad. lol
Two hour breaks
5 days a week (I guess you could skip tuesday if you were willing to skip 4 lectures - one that is advanced)
8am start
etc.
It's pretty bad, esp. because mine isn't as bad (imo) and I have like 4-5 more hours.

lol, block off times you don't want.
Tried cutting a day out on Monday or Friday but there's a Maths lecture on both of those days which couldn't move. So I then decided to put more lectures /tutorials with those Maths lectures because I am not going to go all the way into uni for one hour. And unlike some people I don't want to miss anything what ever it is. Also that one and only 8am class is in yellow = can not be changed. Sucks I know but all the others allow me to come in at a more decent hour. Two hours isn't very long and I only have one of those gaps. I suppose people have their different opinions.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Tried cutting a day out on Monday or Friday but there's a Maths lecture on both of those days which couldn't move. So I then decided to put more lectures /tutorials with those Maths lectures because I am not going to go all the way into uni for one hour. And unlike some people I don't want to miss anything what ever it is. Also that one and only 8am class is in yellow = can not be changed. Sucks I know but all the others allow me to come in at a more decent hour. Two hours isn't very long and I only have one of those gaps. I suppose people have their different opinions.
If it's only one maths lecture then skip it. I'm skipping thursdays and I have one MATH1001 lecture then.
Miss nothing? Pfft.
If it's an advanced lecture that can't move days maybe swap down to the non-advanced class? (Don't join the mathletes, it's social suicide!)
I have 0 gaps. Eating in classes, fuck yeah.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's only one maths lecture then skip it. I'm skipping thursdays and I have one MATH1001 lecture then.Miss nothing? Pfft.If it's an advanced lecture that can't move days maybe swap down to the non-advanced class? (Don't join the mathletes, it's social suicide!)I have 0 gaps. Eating in classes, fuck yeah.
Err, don't listen to this. Try to attend everything. It's much better and saves you effort and stress later. I know people who got into advanced science then failed heaps of units and were kicked down to the regular stream because they had this attitude.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Err, don't listen to this. Try to attend everything. It's much better and saves you effort and stress later. I know people who got into advanced science then failed heaps of units and were kicked down to the regular stream because they had this attitude.
Well, I'm not skipping any advanced stuff, and I'm skipping one fucking lecture.
Gosh.
There's nothing wrong with skipping a MATH1001 lecture when half of the stuff we do at the beginning is the easy part of extension two course.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Well, I'm not skipping any advanced stuff, and I'm skipping one fucking lecture.
Gosh.
There's nothing wrong with skipping a MATH1001 lecture when half of the stuff we do at the beginning is the easy part of extension two course.
At your own risk, yes.
but not the best advice to skip when there are no lecture recordings for maths.

Though that being said, I skipped lots of my adv lectures for MATH2965 and it wasn't a big deal since there was an awesome course note to study from (there are those for most 1st year courses as well / or actual course-tailored textbooks or just lecture slides (MATH1905)). Just make sure that you read it if you skip your lectures.

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
At your own risk, yes.
but not the best advice to skip when there are no lecture recordings for maths.

Though that being said, I skipped lots of my adv lectures for MATH2965 and it wasn't a big deal since there was an awesome course note to study from (there are those for most 1st year courses as well / or actual course-tailored textbooks or just lecture slides (MATH1905)). Just make sure that you read it if you skip your lectures.
Yes but 2965 was the same thing for 13 weeks. You could have gone for the first week and not come back and you would have been fine :p

Tbh I wouldn't worry about it. That's expected for a first year science degree and almost every first year science student will have a similar timetable to you. I certainly did!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Hey just wondering if its possible to make it from Merewether Lecture 1 (Room 131) to Wallace Theatre in less than 10min? Dont wanna be late for lectures... and they seem worlds apart on the map haha

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey just wondering if its possible to make it from Merewether Lecture 1 (Room 131) to Wallace Theatre in less than 10min? Dont wanna be late for lectures... and they seem worlds apart on the map haha
Simple answer, yes. Don't dawdle about though as you have to walk at a reasonable pace especially since you have to cross City Rd.

HSC
N/A
Simple answer, yes. Don't dawdle about though as you have to walk at a reasonable pace especially since you have to cross City Rd.
ahh relief to my ears. as silly as this sounds dude, is wallace likely to get crowded easily? I wonder if there's any usyd website containing info about room capacity - my sis told me about this...

izzy88

HSC
ahh relief to my ears. as silly as this sounds dude, is wallace likely to get crowded easily? I wonder if there's any usyd website containing info about room capacity - my sis told me about this...
generally the uni should only be scheduling classes in rooms with that capacity. I've never actually experienced over-crowding, although I know it can occur in some first year courses such as psych. In any case, any overcrowding usually dies down by week 3 when people stop showing up to lectures. It also helps if people attend the lectures they are scheduled to attend, rather than attending others (this is normally why overcrowding occurs).

You should be fine though.

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
Ahh yes I remember having to endure this walk, more than likely by week 4 you'll want to just end up skipping one of these lectures.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Yes but 2965 was the same thing for 13 weeks. You could have gone for the first week and not come back and you would have been fine :p
Yeah it was quite repetitive but there were some variations! though the idea was essentially the same nearly all the time.
Still, the final exam was kinda hard and many ppl stuffed it up (prob because they cbb to study for it since it was so boring).

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
2nu134l.jpg

Hmm I have a Law tutorial a few hours after a Law lecture. I know people say tutorials start in week 2, but it specifically says on the timetable that the tutorial starts in week 1. How are you expected to prepare/study for a tutorial that's only a couple of hours after the lecture?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 24424

Hmm I have a Law tutorial a few hours after a Law lecture. I know people say tutorials start in week 2, but it specifically says on the timetable that the tutorial starts in week 1. How are you expected to prepare/study for a tutorial that's only a couple of hours after the lecture?
The first tutorial should be structured to ensure that the content is suitable to meet those conditions. During the lecture, they may mention that tutorials start in Week 2 anyway as the timetable can be wrong in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)