Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't think anything other than math scaled.
Absoulety impressive results! Seeing your predicted results post on here, I just knew you were undermining yourself, and your abilities. Well done!

----
Being 1-2 marks away from a HD should be illegal. Had sad feels for anatomy.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Seems to be the trend with all my friend's marks too.

Pretty sure 2nd year onwards they are cracking down on high marks.
There's 0 scaling now...so it's kind of expected. I know CHEM3913 is the second worse performing chemistry unit (after 2402/2912/2916).

antheung

HSC
N/A
Seems to be the trend with all my friend's marks too.

Pretty sure 2nd year onwards they are cracking down on high marks.
Which is why I'm already very satisfied with my marks now (except for one unit of study) :lol:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
There's 0 scaling now...so it's kind of expected. I know CHEM3913 is the second worse performing chemistry unit (after 2402/2912/2916).
But they are marking harsh too lol.

Which is why I'm already very satisfied with my marks now (except for one unit of study) :lol:
Same.

Also been asking around, I might have a shot at topping graph theory with my 91.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think any of the Chemistry units are scaled anymore.
The only one that might be is 2402/2912/2916 which had some slight movement last year - I got 88->89 and my friends got around 2-3% increase. It's not much though.

antheung

HSC
N/A
I'm still not so sure about maths subjects though. It's impossible that the mark that I got for a second year maths unit of study is my raw mark, since I lost some marks on the mid-semester quizzes and there were some parts of the questions on the exam that I didn't have time to attempt.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm still not so sure about maths subjects though. It's impossible that the mark that I got for a second year maths unit of study is my raw mark, since I lost some marks on the mid-semester quizzes and there were some parts of the questions on the exam that I didn't have time to attempt.
Is this graph theory?

None of my friends reckon it scaled (they got lower than expected too).

But they did the advanced version, maybe regular scaled?

antheung

HSC
N/A
Is this graph theory?

None of my friends reckon it scaled (they got lower than expected too).

But they did the advanced version, maybe regular scaled?
Yes I'm talking about MATH2069:p. I think it's possible that MATH2069 scaled -- I looked at the statistics for the in-semester assessments and there was a big difference in the marks for quiz 1 between both streams.

Well, perhaps I should just believe that I performed better than I expected on the final exam. :lol:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I've heard some one from UNSW (who has like a 95 WAM) say that USYD WAM + 7 = UNSW WAM

Good enough for me.
Depends on courses.

Each school in engineering does their own stuff and some do scale courses while others don't.

That goes for the whole uni really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)