Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Is anyone having issues with WebCT? My courses aren't up there anymore. :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

tennille said:
Is anyone having issues with WebCT? My courses aren't up there anymore. :(
Mine's working. Least it was two minutes ago.

I win. :)

tennille

HSC

Yesterday my subjects were up but I was denied access to them. Now they're not up at all...I thought maybe I was acidentally unenrolled but I'm still enrolled in my subjects.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

haha oh man, i just found the full text of two of my english books on bloody sparknotes of all places, for free. i just spent 30 bucks on something i could have just read online. haha. although i guess buying the shakespeare one was worth it for the little footnotes and such...but man if you're doing 1002 and haven't bought gulliver's travels yet, don't, it's all there. :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

So, howsabout that fire alarm eh? Anyone know what happened? I was sitting on level 4 at the time in the non-stack part, and the amount of people who sat there for about 5 minutes until the lady finally spoke was astounding. Tsch.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
So, howsabout that fire alarm eh? Anyone know what happened? I was sitting on level 4 at the time in the non-stack part, and the amount of people who sat there for about 5 minutes until the lady finally spoke was astounding. Tsch.
i left though a fire exit and surfaced outside the facade facing victoria park just when the fire trucks were going past to give everyone a lungful of dust or two. yuck

were u in the library at like 9 o'clock level 3?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Mebbe.

<_<
>_>
<_<

I uh, had a big fat laptop bag that was causing me immense pain, if that helps with identification.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

My archaeology lecturer is marking attendance at lectures from this week onwards. God, that's dictatorial.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

I'm wondering if there's be any good post Deathly Hallows fan fics out there that don't include homosexuality and try to remain as canon as possible to the books.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

I don't understand the Slytherin loving to be honest. They have got to be the most arrogant, biased and most unlikeable characters of the Harry Potter series.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Malfoy said:
You know what's funny? I sit next to the guy in Nerds FC in my EDSE lectures. jb_nc used to have him as an icon. He's actually a pretty cool guy.

Thankfully, my assessment for that subject is *done*

Oh, and I just sat through possibly the worst lecture ever. 2007, naturally. I typed out the lecture notes and then got so pissed off with the lecturer that I was snarking it throughout. So all of my notes have little comments at the end of them, like "Education guy said this but I seriously disagree, this class is propaganda" kind of thing. I was really, really bored...

Now sitting in Education Lab, not doing much, just finished my assessment like I said... checking up on the stuff I'm selling on ebay and reading new chapters of fic and whatnot. I have half a mind not to go to 1007 and just pack off home, I need the sleep.
Have you enjoyed any of the subjects you've taken so far?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

lol i had the most insane attack of three-thirty-itis today, cept it was at 4:00...i was on my way to my last lecture walking the same route i walk every single tuesday arvo from education to the quad, and just completely forgot where i was heading and why and how to get there...i stood outside the brennan building for like 5 minutes trying to remember what i was doing and then when i finally located my brain and got going i walked into the wrong room twice before i made it to my class. needless to say i slept nearly the whole way home. :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I too, became excessively tired, grumpy and so on after/during my eduf1019 tutorial this afternoon. True story.

I look foward to this craft knowledge subject.

Also: I saw a beefy security guard ripping down posters on the Wentworth footbridge today. I wonder what they said (probably another national day of action advertisement. Who's going? :D)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
I too, became excessively tired, grumpy and so on after/during my eduf1019 tutorial this afternoon. True story.

I look foward to this craft knowledge subject.

Also: I saw a beefy security guard ripping down posters on the Wentworth footbridge today. I wonder what they said (probably another national day of action advertisement. Who's going? :D)
I should ask which tutes you're in, since we'd be doing the same subjects.
My 1019 was today at 1pm, 1001 at 3pm, 1017 at 9am.

What bugs me in some subjects is the JARGON. Like the use of the words "metalanguage" and "dialogue" and all that crap. They're just buzzwords that don't mean anything.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

reading....making....susan....sleepy

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Ugh, I've done like 50 pages this week and have about 80 more... :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC

lack of sleep making stas sleepy :(

although this sem is spectacularly easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)