Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

Triangulum said:
Yo dudes. If anyone in the arts faculty wants to take a look at the units available for next year, I managed to find them. I don't think it's complete yet (judging by the absence of GOVT and ECOP, which are meant to be moving to Arts), and there are some errors I can spot, but if you're already over this semester like me then it might give you a chance to distract yourself.
isn't it exactly the same as 2007's listing. I think they only changed the text saying ' List of Undergraduate Units of Study for 2008'.

edit: im wrong. ignore me.

also, where has it actually been confirmed that GOVT and ECOP are moving to the Arts faculty?

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

stazi said:
isn't it exactly the same as 2007's listing. I think they only changed the text saying ' List of Undergraduate Units of Study for 2008'.

edit: im wrong. ignore me.

also, where has it actually been confirmed that GOVT and ECOP are moving to the Arts faculty?
My geopolitics tutor mentioned that GOVT was moving into Arts from next year. Don't know about ECOP, I've only heard about it on BoS. But if economics and business is getting rid of GOVT it probably isn't too much of a leap for it to get rid of ECOP as well.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

i can tutor in stats if any1 is interested, i'm majoring

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Triangulum said:
My geopolitics tutor mentioned that GOVT was moving into Arts from next year. Don't know about ECOP, I've only heard about it on BoS. But if economics and business is getting rid of GOVT it probably isn't too much of a leap for it to get rid of ECOP as well.
it's just that tutors aren't exactly the best sources of information. they are usually honours/phd students who don't participate in any faculty meetings

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

stazi said:
it's just that tutors aren't exactly the best sources of information. they are usually honours/phd students who don't participate in any faculty meetings
True. We shouldn't really think of it as confirmed, then. (Although its absence from the Arts list doesn't tell us that it's staying in EcBiz either, since the Arts list is missing a number of other subjects, like Latin.)

KarmaKitten

HSC

I havent heard any talk about governtment moving into the arts departments.
Then again my tutor almost forgot he had a tutorial this week and was about to walk out on us when he recognised me and asked 'umm...am i teaching you now?"

tlodg

HSC
N/A

Peter Edwards is charming. :shy: Kinda reminds me of James Spader in Boston Legal. I noticed that long ago, back in ManA.

This semester is going by so fast, I don't know if that's good or bad.

Spent comparatively less time on the internet so far but heaps more time outside. Not a good sign, and I still haven't gotten over the internet addiction. Ate so much today, it's like my body was in starvation mode. I was like that yesterday too. I wrote out what I ate (just this morning) and it was shocking (the variety and amount). Luckily I'm not hungry atm.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

Why?
If I were you, I'd have fainted by now..or be very moody haha

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

Cause it takes effort to prepare food. And food preparation means dishes and utensils. I just washed a whole bunch yesterday. Plus there's not much food in my fridge. I'll wait for dinner. If there's nothing I like I'll go out or something.

I'm probably the only person who's so lazy they rather starve for a few hours then make a meal that would take less then five minutes, even if it mean just boiling water or popping it in the microwave.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

No wonder ur not overweight.. and not even close to being overweight. But maybe ur just born thin.. because if you're lazy and just microwave stuff, it's easy to gain weight (microwaveable food.. instant noodles.. not fattening?.....)

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yeah, the first three weeks have flown by incredibly fast. i'm also loving the small amount of study that is needed to do well this semester, compared to the last, where i had like a billion readings per week.

first assessment due next week, though :(

tlodg

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
yeah, the first three weeks have flown by incredibly fast. i'm also loving the small amount of study that is needed to do well this semester, compared to the last, where i had like a billion readings per week.

first assessment due next week, though :(
u seem optimistic.
what's the assessment that's due next week? it's good to get it over with early..

I did 1 presentation already and the tutor gave me feedback that made me very happy.. she said I was confident when I spoke :), and the speed was right, etc..

stazi

Nightman
HSC

it's only 5%, but it's quite important, as it's a proposal for the bigger assignment worth 20% due in week 10. so i'll have to stick to my submitted plan.

I've also got a 20% assignment due in week 5 for ECOF1001. It's a 1-page summary of an academic article. It seems easy, but it's quite difficult condensing everything into one 1.5-spaced page. Especially when we haven't really been taught what an academic summary looks like.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

Does anyone know much about ECOF 1002?

It says: " This unit of study is meant for students from a non-English speaking background. " on http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/subject/ECOF1002.html

I don't know if I'd be eligible to take it.. how is "from a non-English speaking background" defined? Does that mean that if you've got any credentials showing or implying proficiency in English, you're not allowed to take it?

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC

I don't think you should place too much trust in what a tutor says to be honest. Sometimes they will say nice things to avoid being antagonised/harassed by their students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)