Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

well, it was meant to be about a cultural experience that we had, as interpreted by cross-cultural management theory. apparently the fact that I critically analysed the theory and found problems with it, as well as commented on managerial implications (as after all this is a cross-cultural management course) wasn't appropriate for the assignment. Still did well though, but it does piss me off.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Woo, classes are over for the year! Awesome. I can't wait until summer.

Does anyone know when the arts faculty will be releasing the list of cross-listed UOS?

neafoo

HSC

im trying to pre-enrol tonight :p confusing stuff.

you gunna do more ancient history triangulum?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

^ Hey Nebuchanezzar, on Tuesday I was so close to saying hi to you! You were walking too damn fast for me. I was the girl who was running to keep up with you on the way to Redfern, then was too puffed out to say hi. It was around 4.30ish iirc.
I remember walking there at that time, but I don't remember anyone trying to keep up with me. Perhaps because my eyes were facing fowards as opposed to backwards where someone was following me. :)

That would have been right after the awful lab session too.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
im trying to pre-enrol tonight :p confusing stuff.

you gunna do more ancient history triangulum?
Totally. Majoring in it and considering doing honours. Only I'm completely indecisive, so I'm trying to structure it so I can switch to normal history if I suddenly decide I want to.

neafoo

HSC

Triangulum said:
Totally. Majoring in it and considering doing honours. Only I'm completely indecisive, so I'm trying to structure it so I can switch to normal history if I suddenly decide I want to.
Yeah im trying to major in it aswell. I dont meant to push a shitty question onto you, but hopefully you can help (ive been looking on the department website for a while now). When it says you have to do 36 senior credit points in ancient history (or a cross listed course), does that mean strictly in 2nd year? Because that would be three a semester. Confuzzlement :(

lala2

Banned
HSC

Ah the Jacaranda tree has flowered. Too late for me. And probably is old news, but as I have all lectures in Bosch I didn't get to see it until yesterday. Time to start cramming!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
Yeah im trying to major in it aswell. I dont meant to push a shitty question onto you, but hopefully you can help (ive been looking on the department website for a while now). When it says you have to do 36 senior credit points in ancient history (or a cross listed course), does that mean strictly in 2nd year? Because that would be three a semester. Confuzzlement :(
I assume that would be 36 senior cp across the whole degree. (Certainly hope so.)

neafoo

HSC

cheers man
my brother appears to think differently but hes a chemistry (and now medicine) student and for once im pretty certain hes wrong :) ... i prefer the Roman courses over the greek ones so im trying to prioritise them :) (i thought the roman course this semester was great, i just hope the exam isnt hard :p )

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

For just the Arts students in first year, what's the deal with pre-enrolment? Is it definitely paper or only online?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Yays. School's out for .... exams.

In other news, I got:
21.5/25 for my Cross-Cultural Management essay
92% for my ECOF1001 presentation worth 30%

edit: fuck yes! That probably means that I will get an HD in ecof1001, as that's 85%, and the rest of the grades due are for 15% participation, and a 10% journal that I put quite a bit of work into.

edit2: on 82.86% for IBUS2102. Fingers crossed that my tutorial papers will be pwn, as my final exam will be hard like my penis when I'm around gingers.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
cheers man
my brother appears to think differently but hes a chemistry (and now medicine) student and for once im pretty certain hes wrong :)
Yeah, that would be because science majors work a bit differently to arts majors, I think.
neafoo said:
i prefer the Roman courses over the greek ones so im trying to prioritise them :) (i thought the roman course this semester was great, i just hope the exam isnt hard :p )
There are bugger all senior Greek courses anyway, so it's not hard to prioritise the Roman ones. I think it's a 4/1 split next year. Rome this semester was much better than Greece last semester, but I'd still like to do some Greek courses to see if it gets more interesting. I might do Ancient Greek Religion in 2009.
bazookajoe said:
For just the Arts students in first year, what's the deal with pre-enrolment? Is it definitely paper or only online?
Online.

Last edited:

neafoo

HSC

so is taking 2 ancient subjects a semester sensible?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

bazookajoe said:
yeah you guys were right, it's online. Thank Allah

edit: i realised just before that I'd already enrolled in dbm and cw's courses anyway. I think I'll stick with that.

hey guys, say you get credits and a distinction first sem, how much does that boost yr ugayi?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Ennaybur said:
yeah you guys were right, it's online. Thank Allah

edit: i realised just before that I'd already enrolled in dbm and cw's courses anyway. I think I'll stick with that.

hey guys, say you get credits and a distinction first sem, how much does that boost yr ugayi?
What do you mean? For transfer purposes?

It doesn't boost your UAI as such, but for simplified purposes (and since it doesn't really matter what actually happens), you would get a 94 contributor if you keep that average up. So you would add that to your UAI and divide by 2.

Also transfer cutoffs are usually lower than UAI cutoffs.

Finally, slut.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what are your aimzzz for exams guyz. i'm aiming for 3 HDs and 1D (which would also make me cream my pants), although atm straight HDs are quite possible. Then again, I know that accounting will pwn me as usual so I'll probably end up with 1C somewhere.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

My aim is 2 HDs and 2 Ds, which would most likely get me into law. However, that's probably not going to happen. More likely is 1HD/3D, or even more likely, 4 Ds. I'm hoping not to get any passes or credits. (Or fails.)

neafoo

HSC

i just try my best and hope for passes.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Two passes and two credits. I'm aiming high.
lol same. i probably failed one subject, but i'm going to hope for a credit anyway. because i don't fail things. it doesn't happen. :uhhuh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)