Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah. Finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the second time ever. I dunno, it makes me feel rather sad. Sad for Boo Radley. And something I didn't notice before--Jem's appearance at the end of the novel mimicks that of Tom Robinson's--their left arms are significantly shorter than the right. A great novel though, a great novel.

amber44

HSC
Ah. Finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the second time ever. I dunno, it makes me feel rather sad. Sad for Boo Radley. And something I didn't notice before--Jem's appearance at the end of the novel mimicks that of Tom Robinson's--their left arms are significantly shorter than the right. A great novel though, a great novel.
I remember reading it in year 9 or 10, good book. I should pick it up again over the holidays, especially since I went and bought this super rad copy of it.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
OMMMMGGGGG. My group member sucks so hard. :(

I sent her my part of our assignment on friday night. its not ground breaking stuff or anything but at least I wrote like ... 1000 plus words. She said she'll have her part done by tonight and I had to call her to see how she was going. Now she tells me she'll have it done by tmr night. Whateverrrrr. Ohmygod.

At least I got her to do the referencing. God I hate that part of an essay the most.

/rant.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I reccommend Written on the Body and The Passion by Jeanette Winterson, anythng by Margaret Atwood and Princess Bride by Goldman just cos it's lovely.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
currently trying to program a detailed study of Death of a Salesman into...3 weeks? maybe? of lessons.

as if 8 weeks to teach two complex plays is realistic. oh well at least it's an assignment and not for real lol

prac starts monday. still don't have a school to do it at yet. they keep saying no when you ask if you can find your own placement but I think I might just have to soon

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^lol I should've become an Arts student. My propensity to overwrite is beaten only by that of my ability to chop. I think a group assignment we did earlier this sem, I cut about 25% of it in one night. As I've said many times, this forum's a great place to vent. If I didn't have this avenue, I'd explode. Fucking competitiveness of pharmacy.

jaimebien

HSC
About overwriting, I've been told that before too. Someone on BOS once accused me of writing essays about the dust on my bookshelves. I'd like to see what I could write about that too!

Anyway, as the Mythbusters say, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. I reckon if it's worth writing, it's probably worth overwriting. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother to post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)