Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i was at the pharmacy the other day getting some pseudoephedrine (6 twice a day capsules cost $13!!!) and i asked the pharmacy lady what she thought of the whole computer license program thingo and she was like "its a load of crap and annoying"

is this the case with pharmacists everywhere lala?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
There are substitutes that don't require a licence aren't there?

Also, what are girls supposed to do for movember? grow out their leg hair?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
the substitutes that dont require a license are shit. wikipedia sez that theyre no more effective than a placebo!

lala2

Banned
HSC
i was at the pharmacy the other day getting some pseudoephedrine (6 twice a day capsules cost $13!!!) and i asked the pharmacy lady what she thought of the whole computer license program thingo and she was like "its a load of crap and annoying"

is this the case with pharmacists everywhere lala?
Hmm? The price or the annoyingness? $13 is expensive! Go to Chemist Warehouse next time, I don't know what the price is but it'd be a lot cheaper I'm sure. The computer is annoying but so is the recording pad (have you seen those around? there aren't many left). Either way, it's gotta be done I suppose.

There are substitutes that don't require a licence aren't there?
Yep, phenylephrine. Anything with "PE" affixed to it is a phenylephrine substitute, e.g. Sudafed PE. But not as effective as pseudoephedrine.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Pseudoephedrine is the best thing ever. This regulating and licensing is a bunch of bull shit. And yes, they are supposed to take your licence details at all pharmacies. Although many pharmacies have simply stopped selling them and sell the shitty alternatives instead.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
ive never been to a pharmacy that hasn't stocked pseudoephedrine, so i don't think it's very widespread

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Yeah same. There must be a lot of pseudo-runners in your area, KarmaKitten :confused:

spence

HSC
Work at 5:30 am tomorrow :(
But then 3 days off so I may actually be able to get some study done

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Wow where do you work? So glad I'm not employed anymore (well, not in terms of having a regular work shift anyway).

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
best place to study would be the 3rd year PT reading room in the chemistry building - tucked away in a corner. comfy chairs, lots of tables and computers and i dont reckon there'd be many there during stuvac

spence

HSC
^^Wow where do you work? So glad I'm not employed anymore (well, not in terms of having a regular work shift anyway).
I'm a manager at maccas. Shift actually started at 6, but have to do a whole bunch of pre-shift prep before i start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)