Semester 2 Results (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
Lord Ac said:
Damn straight. They were (are) so obsessed with the HSC that years afterward they are still posting at this website ...

argh we are sad, HD-ish, people....

Ac
But.. but... I joined BOS AFTER HSC... ... .... hm.....

I am posting on this website to impress females and possibly my future wife.

But this is unlikely with results like these... sigh

saves.the.day

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Has anyone actually done a "review of results". What do they actually do once you lodge that form? Or what do you have to do prior to lodging that form, e.g. speak to your course convenor?

Has anyone done it before?

Thanks
I've done one of them.

I did it for MICR2201 (1st semester microbiology). My mark ended up going a grade from DN to HD.

It cost me $60 and ALOT of hassle. I had to lodge the form by a particular date (I think 2 weeks after i receive the result). You need to have proof you talked to a course co-ordinator (spoke to Kathy) about it and academic transcripts. When I spoke to Kathy, I just showed her my results through the year and told her I think something funny happened. She saw them and agreed. She told me she'd sign the forms that week however, she was called away to the USA and forgot to tell me.

The reason why it was so difficult for me is that both John Wilson and Kathy went away and were due back the day after the form was due. Thankfully I found Paul March, however, because he was not a co-ordinator for MICR2201, we had to get confirmation from Kathy and alot of runaround to allow Paul to sign my form.

If your mark goes up you supposedly get your money back.

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
By the way.. the form is supposed to be primarily for people that have failed the course and want a review of marks. However, I remmeber there was only 1 line that mentions anyone is allowed to do it but you just need to have spoken to your course advisor first.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
just wondering.. what was your results thru the year?

is it across all subjects or just that single subject?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
saves.the.day said:
By the way.. the form is supposed to be primarily for people that have failed the course and want a review of marks. However, I remmeber there was only 1 line that mentions anyone is allowed to do it but you just need to have spoken to your course advisor first.
Was the final mark a huge difference or just 2 to 3 marks? I was a bit suspicious with my micro mark in S1 as well. all I did was spoke to Kathy and confirmed my exam mark.

Hmmm, is it possible to get a lower mark the second time around or do they keep the original mark if found you should have gotten lower?

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Maths will happily lower it for you. I'd assume it's the same with other schools

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
saves.the.day said:
I've done one of them.

I did it for MICR2201 (1st semester microbiology). My mark ended up going a grade from DN to HD.

When I spoke to Kathy, I just showed her my results through the year and told her I think something funny happened. She saw them and agreed. She told me she'd sign the forms that week however, she was called away to the USA and forgot to tell me.
I don't quite understand, 'something funny happened' yet you said you had a grade of DN before and achieved a grade of HD afterwards? Is your WAM a HD average? Was that one D a glaring black sheep among your other HDs?

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
any idea when comp prelim marks come out ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
saves.the.day said:
I've done one of them.

It cost me $60 and ALOT of hassle. I had to lodge the form by a particular date (I think 2 weeks after i receive the result). You need to have proof you talked to a course co-ordinator (spoke to Kathy) about it and academic transcripts. When I spoke to Kathy, I just showed her my results through the year and told her I think something funny happened. She saw them and agreed. She told me she'd sign the forms that week however, she was called away to the USA and forgot to tell me.

The reason why it was so difficult for me is that both John Wilson and Kathy went away and were due back the day after the form was due. Thankfully I found Paul March, however, because he was not a co-ordinator for MICR2201, we had to get confirmation from Kathy and alot of runaround to allow Paul to sign my form.

As I've said it cost $60. I think its something like $40 for remarking your exam and $20 for a re-tallying your marks. However, if your mark goes up you supposedly get your money back. This has not happened for me yet. I tried to get my money back fair and square because my mark went up, however, they told me to come back in 6 weeks. I did so and they told me the same story again: come back in 6 weeks. I was also given the runaround the second time where I was fired back and forth between the student centre, New South Q and the cashier office. I had to tell them that I was told this story before. I haven't gotten my money back though.
Take the issue up with the Student Guild (to get your money back). They'll have people with more "influence" I'm guessing

saves.the.day

HSC
Thanks for the tip Minai

RCMasterAA said:
I don't quite understand, 'something funny happened'
We received all our marks back for every assesment except our final exam. My average was quite high as I received 100% for the last few assesments. After sitting my final exam that semester I thought it was the least difficult test out of the 4 final exams I sat in semester 1, however, after getting my final marks back I saw that my lowest was MICR2021. I thought that was funny (odd).

This is what I brought up with my course advisor.

btw. If anyone is ever considering 2nd year anatomy - anatomy was a bitch. It was just sickening memorisation. I suggest it only if you enjoy rote learning.

Shawny

hey just confirming this
10th is when we get our shit in our my unsw
that means 9th nightly time we get it in our emails?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
no, read first post

9th is when you 'officially' get the email
so check on t he night of the 8th (thursday) around 7ish

gman03

HSC
ooooooo.... so sooon for me to crash the unimail server..

don't worry guys, thunderbird should be better than OE..... i think

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
Get the e-mails "pushed" if you want it sooner.
The day results are out is equivalent to the end of holidays for me.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I know I got a Distinction for MICR2011, and a low credit/high pass for JAPN2001

I'm expecting a pass for Physiology PHPH2201 and a DN for EDST1102 (which i ironically dont give a shit about) so the email will hopefully confirm this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)