• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Timetable '06 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
bah. well.. definitely not liking it.
ive been reminded that i can change to arts soooo many times.
(mate has like a 2 and a half day timetable?!)
hahaha... shucks.

upside -- no 8am starts. sort of managed to condense it. can fit /some/ shifts in.. (still searching..)

downside -- no more thursday night work. no more fast trains home. friday nights out for wk 1-7 are going to be a leeetle rushed. 6pm finish?! *sigh...... five days.. again.....

so arts aye.. ..sounds like an interesting crossover.......

bradc1988

HSC
Generator said:
What, you couldn't be bothered to open a word document, select the timetable as it appears within your browser and then paste the selection into the word file?
What's your point? It's easy with Firefox, just save the whole page as a html file. I guess it's to stop ubber hacking or something that uploading such a file isn't allowed.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i have to be at uni for 4 days!!! and i still have clashes! :( bloody wednesday and thursday are half days :(

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i'm wondering if it's possible to slip into those law classes and listen in for fun.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
transcendent said:
i'm wondering if it's possible to slip into those law classes and listen in for fun.
Not really. They're more like tutorials. Although it might work if you showed up really early in semester, before everyone gets to know each other or the teacher knows all the faces.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

I hate the University Administration with a passion and in particular the fucking stupid timetabling fucking unit.

*breathes* *stops swearing because she's a moderator and shouldn't...*

My timetable went from being:

A compact, non-clashing, 3 day, Tuesday - Thursday week. Perfect!!

to a

spread out, sucky, 4 day, Tuesday - Thursday week. But was redeemable because the Government subject placed on Friday could be removed and Friday would disappear, thus restoring my timetable to the 3 day week goodness by merely removing the entire subject (lecture + tute on same day)

to a

sucky, stupid, fucking annoying 4 day timetable that has no redeeming features at all, now thanks to the fact that, because the timetabling unit is STUPID, the friday Government tute (which would have been changed anyway) did something to my timetable when it disappeared and instead, moved my Philosophy tutorial to Friday which now means that I cannot get back into any of the Thursday TUTES!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!

*goes back to silently swearing out of earshot from potential USyders and first years with delicate ears*......

Yeila

HSC
FUCK.

Oh, I can swear too =)

P.S My timetable is horrifying > 5 day week , and I'm only doing Arts.
And yes, I hate Uni SO much right now.

cimbom

HSC
I'm overseas at the moment and wont be back in syndey for uni until week2. You can change anything on your timetable to wherever you want through myadmin, it just takes a few tries. So you change it- 'allocate me a timetable similar to this', and then change it again. The central timetabling unit for econ+bus also specifies exactly when lectures are- I was able to change from econ1002 stream6 to stream5.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
If I move my INFS1000 Workshop I only have to go for two days. Which means I can increase time at work = increase money. Does anyone know if INFS1000 has workshops on Mondays and Tuesdays?

I'd ask the Uni but I'm scared that they'll F*** up my pretty good timetable.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
what971 said:
Does anyone know if INFS1000 has workshops on Mondays and Tuesdays?
Appears not. Only Wed/Thurs

Workshop
Each student enrolled goes to one of the following 7 classes.
W15A Wed 15:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
W16A Wed 16:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
W17A Wed 17:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
R10A Thu 10:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
R11A Thu 11:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
R12A Thu 12:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]
R13A Thu 13:00 [2 to 13 of sess 2]

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I wish, but the problem is they actually changed the LECTURES.

I'll be in next week to harass them about it, but I have a legit excuse. If I don't get to work on Thursday/Friday, I lose A LOT of money.

And Ashton, be nice :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kimi said:

I wish that Wednesday lecture would go away.
hahahahahahahhaha from arts to econometrics. hillarious. move some tutes over to wednesday so that you won't miss ecmt, and thus wont fail it.
also mktg1002 lectures aren't very missable, as in the past iain black has taken some concept from one of his lectures and put it in the exam (like last year: "using an ad that I have shown you...")

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
hahahahahahahhaha from arts to econometrics. hillarious. move some tutes over to wednesday so that you won't miss ecmt, and thus wont fail it.
also mktg1002 lectures aren't very missable, as in the past iain black has taken some concept from one of his lectures and put it in the exam (like last year: "using an ad that I have shown you...")
What if my WHOLE timetable changes? Ill seriously cry. I need MONEY from WORKING.
I wasnt JUST doing Arts. Dont insult me. :(

Last edited:

Shaking Paper

HSC

Not very good!
It can be made quite a bit better... we can change them at Madsen as of next week right?
Anyone know what time?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kimi said:
What if my WHOLE timetable changes? Ill seriously cry. I need MONEY from WORKING.
you come in, and change it. they will try and keep most of the allocated times for you. you get to show them which times you cant have class at.
why can't people do their own research? this is aimed at the person who just posted, as well. I mean, the timetable site gives you clear instructions on how to change them. This has really become a problem, with basic questions such as 'what core units are required for the commerce degree?'
The great thing about uni is that it encourages independent research and thinking. I'm not sure how you will develop autonomy if you can't use a website.
[/end rant about something that has been bothering me for a while]

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
you come in, and change it. they will try and keep most of the allocated times for you. you get to show them which times you cant have class at.
why can't people do their own research? this is aimed at the person who just posted, as well. I mean, the timetable site gives you clear instructions on how to change them. This has really become a problem, with basic questions such as 'what core units are required for the commerce degree?'
The great thing about uni is that it encourages independent research and thinking. I'm not sure how you will develop autonomy if you can't use a website.
[/end rant about something that has been bothering me for a while]
Sorry. :(
I like just enrolled yesterday. The SIO were snobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)