Semester I Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Re: Semester I 2007 - Chatter Thread!

Anyone got any idea where the Quad Greek Room is? I have a tute there tomorrow and I don't feel like wandering aimlessly around the quad for hours trying to find it.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

Why must everything be due or done on a Monday, my only day off? Tomorrow I have to go into Uni for about 2 minutes to sign up for a History essay, I really don't want a shitty question.
Over an hour each way for 2 minutes

tlodg

HSC
N/A

I'm glad that I finally read through one of my UoS Outlines. It's a start. Also, I talked to someone first! :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
A 30 minute tut presentation? What the fuck am I meant to talk about for 30 minutes? Holy shit!
wow, is it a group thing?

heard that audiences can usually focus for around 5 minutes while listening to presentations..wonder if that's true!

tennille

HSC

My biochemistry lab was so frekaing long today. I had to go in at 8 to incubate e.coli. Then I had to come back at 10 and measure the absorbance until it was ~0.4 (which took 3 hours), and then add an inducer, and measure the absorbance every 1/2 hour for 2 hours. I was there until 2.45, and I was meant to finish at 1. :(

Also, I'm officially freaked out about this being my final year. I'm probably going to do honours, but I need to find some sort of work experience in the mean time.

gemmal

HSC

What are those white slip on flats that everyone, guys and girls seem to be wearing called?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

tlodg said:
wow, is it a group thing?

heard that audiences can usually focus for around 5 minutes while listening to presentations..wonder if that's true!
yeah they're group things. and if you do it right, people stay focused...use lots of group work and promise jellybabies and try not to be a complete boing failure and people tend to stay with it lol.
having said that though i think i unwittingly picked the most boring topic out of all of them (hidden curriculum, like, spew.) :eek:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Is it just me, or does Angus McSRC President have a really really irritating voice? He popped into a 3pm lecture to inform us of all the Climate Change Awareness Day activities that we'd already missed because we weren't told earlier and it was like nails on a chalkboard.

Libbster

HSC

Triangulum said:
Is it just me, or does Angus McSRC President have a really really irritating voice? He popped into a 3pm lecture to inform us of all the Climate Change Awareness Day activities that we'd already missed because we weren't told earlier and it was like nails on a chalkboard.
yeah he's heaps annoying and his columns in honi are shit. the dude last year was heaps better, at least he fired up in lectures.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

tennille said:
My biochemistry lab was so frekaing long today. I had to go in at 8 to incubate e.coli. Then I had to come back at 10 and measure the absorbance until it was ~0.4 (which took 3 hours), and then add an inducer, and measure the absorbance every 1/2 hour for 2 hours. I was there until 2.45, and I was meant to finish at 1. :(

Also, I'm officially freaked out about this being my final year. I'm probably going to do honours, but I need to find some sort of work experience in the mean time.
holy shit dude!
man. i did a pharmacology lab on guinea pig ileum. it was pretty cool seeing the thing contract when you added the drugs and shit. cept it went overtime and i had to run from bosch to the sport centre near coop bookshop and missed a fair amount of my soccer game :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah they're group things. and if you do it right, people stay focused...use lots of group work and promise jellybabies and try not to be a complete boing failure and people tend to stay with it lol.
having said that though i think i unwittingly picked the most boring topic out of all of them (hidden curriculum, like, spew.) :eek:
man, we don't have enough people in our tut so i was one of the people who had to go by themselves. :(

It's tommorow though. 27 slides, some lollies, a few group activities and a strong cup of coffee beforehand will hopefully get my through it. wish me luck!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Well...instead of going for a half hour it went for an hour...

asscookie

dork.
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Well...instead of going for a half hour it went for an hour...

Oooh who's your seminar leader for EDUF1018?

Our seminar leader made someone cry with her grading of their presentation =D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

So you have Margarita too? Yes, I'm in her other one and we heard all about her making someone cry. She likes to interupt presentations and take over it seems, which is probably why mine went from about a 40 minute or so presentation to over an hour. Really though, if she made someone cry and didn't stop, she has some issues. Nice lady I guess though...kinda...

J

jhakka

Denise is a pretty tough marker, and so is Jackie (apparently). Don't know if you've come across them yet.

gelina

HSC

gemmal said:
What are those white slip on flats that everyone, guys and girls seem to be wearing called?
Nursing shoes?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

gelina said:
Nursing shoes?
Don't nurses wear Crocs?

shaaali

HSC

hahaaa....

its funny hearing all your uni folk talking in uni jargon.
sound like your all enjoying it.

take care and goodluck to all!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
So you have Margarita too? Yes, I'm in her other one and we heard all about her making someone cry. She likes to interupt presentations and take over it seems, which is probably why mine went from about a 40 minute or so presentation to over an hour. Really though, if she made someone cry and didn't stop, she has some issues. Nice lady I guess though...kinda...
hahaha margarita...i have her too :eek: she's kinda...half nice old lady, half dragon? i dunno. yeah and she does interrupt people a lot :s . she is nice though. i just wouldnt wanna get on her bad side is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)