Semester I Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester I 2007 - Chatter Thread!

4-Day Weekend (Class Tue, Wed, Thursday)
Pros:
-It's a weekend...for 4 days.
-Can go out Sundays to World Bar
-Starts on 2pm, 1pm, 12pm

Cons:
-Three days of uni in a row, if stuff is due on a few of those days, in a row, can be a bit intense.

Mon, Wed, Thursday
Pros:
-More time to prepare for the Thursday classes (Two on that day where I'll have to prepare stuff each week)

Cons:
-Starts on 10am, 3pm, 12pm (10am is the earliest I've ever started, and I go to bed around 3am)

Last edited:

Libbster

HSC

hd for my law speech :rofl: booyeah now i've just got to finish my law assignment due tomorrow argh!

lala2

Banned
HSC

Stupid med chem people. I was hoping to take tomorrow off, just like I did for today, but they said--today via WebCT--that they can only return outstanding work between June 8th and June 15th on weekdays, and I don't want to waste my weekly, so I have to go down tomorrow.

HSC

Yay. Got a Distinction for my Psych essay. :rofl:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Triangulum said:
Anyone know where I can pick up GOVT essays? I didn't get it back in my tute yesterday for some reason.
They handed out Aussie Politics essays in the lecture, if that's what you were referring to. I imagine you'd have to see the first year office or whatever now.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
They handed out Aussie Politics essays in the lecture, if that's what you were referring to. I imagine you'd have to see the first year office or whatever now.
Really? Most of my tute group's were handed back in the tute. Presumably because most of them don't go to the lectures. Mine must have got mixed up somewhere, I'll see what I can do on Tuesday.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

I got 87.5% on the presentation (the one I did when I am sick)..
and 90% on another oral presentation.

Too bad I sucked big time on an assignment that is worth 40%.
21/40. It makes me so scared.. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
so worried now.. sigh
I hope for a miracle, and I want to study hard but I cannot even think right now.

tlodg

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
Last year it was on the 19th of June.

What does everyone think is better? Tues, Wed, Thur uni, 4 day weekend or Mon, Wed, Thur Uni? I'm kind of torn.
If you intend to work quite a lot: 4-day weekend

if not..I suggest the other option because
chances are IF you were to take the 4 day weekend you'd likely waste 1 or 2 days in it anyway (thinking: oh I have so much time to do my work for next week, why not relax a bit..for now). and if you chose to have classes on mon, wed, thu you are unlikely to waste tuesday because you have classes on wed and thu.

however..seeing what you have done this semester you seem to have a strong will to focus/determination and high self-control so even if you have a 4-day weekend..with good planning and compliance with your plans, you are unlikely to "waste" a some days in the 4-day weekend.

ps: on the day (wednesday) which you have classes starting 3pm, at what time will your last class end?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what? you can actually communicate orally?!

I think my self control isn't that good, so i'm leaning towards a 3-day weekend, with a tuesday break, as well.

My classes would be:
Option 1
Monday 10am-1pm
Wednesday 3pm-6pm
Thursday 12pm-5pm

Option 2
Tuesday 2pm-5pm
Wednesday 1pm-4pm
Thursday 12pm-5pm

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

if u do not take option 2 u are a mad idiot

tlodg

HSC
N/A

3-6pm on wednesdays isn't that bad.. just make sure the mornings don't get "wasted".. if you wake up at like 2pm and head off to uni, then when you get home.. then you'd feel as if the whole day has been wasted and you might end up not doing much that day (even though you have the whole night to do stuff)

no matter which option you choose.. spread your tutes out into different days.. I was going to make my timetable for only 2-days a week (tues, weds) but then there would be 3 tutes on one day..which will be CRAZY
but since I overloaded I cannot have that anyway so I didn't think about it anymore

stazi

Nightman
HSC

tlodg said:
3-6pm on wednesdays isn't that bad.. just make sure the mornings don't get "wasted".. if you wake up at like 2pm and head off to uni, then when you get home.. then you'd feel as if the whole day has been wasted and you might end up not doing much that day (even though you have the whole night to do stuff)

no matter which option you choose.. spread your tutes out into different days.. I was going to make my timetable for only 2-days a week (tues, weds) but then there would be 3 tutes on one day..which will be CRAZY
but since I overloaded I cannot have that anyway so I didn't think about it anymore
Those are the only times i can have the tutes (apart from accounting, but I put it on Tuesday, for balance. I actually wake up around 1pm. I don't really feel like I waste the day. I would study 6-7.30, then go see Maya, then study more at hom(o)

And I'm actually leaning towards option 1 now. It's a lot better for work, although I'll hate waking up on Mondays :S (but then again I'll get to sleep in Tuesdays). Plus I prefer to take Marketing Communications, rather than New Product Marketing (Option 1 was Communications, 2 was New Products). Although I'll do whichever I don't choose next year. Not much difference, I suppose.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

78 for GOVT1202 (World Politics)

Rather happy with my mark (although I wanted 80). I really hated this subject and couldn't understand what the hell was happening during lectures. Yay, no more gayvernment eva 4 lyf lah!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

30/35 for my ARPH1001 (archaeology) workbook and 47/50 for the second in-class test. Equal third in the course for the workbook and equal second for the test, and I was second for the first test as well. Go consistency.

Works out to a raw overall mark of 87. So now I just have to hope that it doesn't get scaled down by too much and I'll get an HD.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

90% for Services Marketing Tutorial Participation Portfolio (10% weighting)
90% for Services Marketing Assignment 2 (10% weighting)
86% for Accounting Practice Set (10% weighting)
88% for Commercial Law Case Analysis (20% weighting)

YAYS :)

Polaris

HSC

so proud you of stas :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC

thanks babeh. it sucked how the first three were only 10% assignments though :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

damn you guys pwned your assessments :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)