Semester I Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester I 2007 - Chatter Thread!

lawlz. where did you see me?

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A

ummm... it was around 5... I was at the lights with a friend and you walked out of uni (at city road) to cross at the lights and you were with a few of friends.

HSC

i've also been identified by a fellow bos-er....i feel stalked :confused: (YOU KNOW WHO U ARE!)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

tres bien said:
ummm... it was around 5... I was at the lights with a friend and you walked out of uni (at city road) to cross at the lights and you were with a few of friends.
you should've run up to me and shouted "HAI GUYZ IM FROM TEH INTARWEB!!!!!'

tennille

HSC

Libbster said:
i actually like physical better than organic, but they're both pretty bad. but at least i can repeat physical pracs if i get a shit mark. i repeated one today, it took me 20 mins to prepare everything and then i had to wait an hour for a freaking machine :burn: i better get more than 7/10 or i'll be pissed
Isn't that inorganic labs where you have to be extremely accurate with your results (level 4)? They were pretty bad. In third year, though, inorganic is so much better.

lala2

Banned
HSC

I'm stuffed. I'm catching up on 9 weeks' worth of lectures only because I have two midsemester exams on Friday, then I have a prac report due Monday. Shit. And yet I am here, procrastinating on BOS.

gelina

HSC

Just finished a 1500w essay (first year ;]) a couple of hours ago, which I started WRITING Thursday at 3ishpm. Had done most of the research.
Was a biatch trying to come up with bullcrap sentences to get some crap point across, though.

Stuff uni. I wanna be a full-time ebay seller. :wave:

lala2

Banned
HSC

Ok, those two tests were done. Now I'm semi-wrapping up a report due today. Will report back once those bags as big as 20c coins are gone from my eyes.

lala2

Banned
HSC

Done. Spent yesterday relaxing by watching MJ music videos on YouTube. And now I have You Are Not Alone stuck in my head. Awesomeness.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

I'll categorically state it now: I HATE GROUP WORK.

Why do they insist upon doing it?! The old rhetoric of "When you get a real job, you'll have to work in teams so we're training you now" doesn't hold. It just doesn't. I'm not sure why but I'm sure that real work people won't propose making the presentation slides THE MORNING OF the presentation. Not to mention that 4 days to go and they DONT' KNOW THE TOPIC and have no idea of the THEORIES TO BE APPLIED.

Grrrr. I'm at breaking point, I cant wait for the fucking semester to be over.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

aw :( *hugs*
and I am beginning to agree. I think group work is more to reduce their marking, rather than anything else.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

ujuphleg said:

Why do they insist upon doing it?! The old rhetoric of "When you get a real job, you'll have to work in teams so we're training you now" doesn't hold. It just doesn't. I'm not sure why but I'm sure that real work people won't propose making the presentation slides THE MORNING OF the presentation. Not to mention that 4 days to go and they DONT' KNOW THE TOPIC and have no idea of the THEORIES TO BE APPLIED.

agree 100%

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

fuck i saw someone ge hit by a car today at the city raoad bus stop...

:(

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC

ujuphleg said:

hehe i feel for ya. but its weird, out of all the 4 group projects ive ever done as well as the group presentation ive got in front of the lecture theatre :eek: this semester i cant say i've had the pleasure of having dodgy group members. Maybe i will in future..but theyve mostly been pretty decent and cool people :cool:

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jb_nc said:
fuck i saw someone ge hit by a car today at the city raoad bus stop...

:(
All I saw was the taxi that had crashed into a power pole. Didn't know anything about someone being hit by a car. :(

I was a bit pissed off with the amount of people standing on the footbridge jsut standing there and watching. Yeah, I peered over the bridge to see what everyone was looking at but it's pretty rotten to just stand there and watch...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
All I saw was the taxi that had crashed into a power pole. Didn't know anything about someone being hit by a car. :(

I was a bit pissed off with the amount of people standing on the footbridge jsut standing there and watching. Yeah, I peered over the bridge to see what everyone was looking at but it's pretty rotten to just stand there and watch...
yeah the taxi rammed the range rover ahead of it and hit a girl who was taken away in an ambulance, i swear i didn't hear a "braking screech" from the taxi, it just look like it rammed into the pole w/o braking.

i left but i came back to give a statement to the police. i felt pretty sick.

tennille

HSC

Yeah, I heard it too. I was walking on the footbridge, and I just heard this smash- no breaks or anything. :(

I thought it hit someone. It was quite scary. I hope she's ok. :(

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:

Yeah same, I don't understand the mentality of people who hang around to watch those kind of things or fights and stuff. I only saw the taxi in the pole, the Rover and a bunch of Police and an ambulance.

GROUP WORK UPDATE:
Number of minutes spent cursing group work members: 1x billion
Number of minutes preventing self bashing head against table: approx 30
Number of minutes spent letting out screams of frustrationg: 10.

They can't spell, they don't read e-mails, they don't know the content, they don't know the theory and in essence, we are all fucked.

I only hope that we turn up on Tuesday and I sound like I know what I'm talking about and they don't so its bloody obvious to the lecturer that there is a clear imbalance.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Gah, I swear I will never underestimate the fiddliness of archaeology workshop tasks again. I need more coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)