Senior Science (1 Viewer)

kevda1st

HSC
Well in year 11 I was doing English, 2U Maths, Ext 1 Maths, Ancient History, Biology, Chemistry and physics

and in year 12 dropped Ancient History and Physics and picked up Ext2 Maths and Senior Science

So I'm currently doing 12 Units....Ive been doing these subjects for about 4 weeks now, and i find Senior science Unbearable.

I find that the work is too basic and boring. But i don't want to drop it because of the risk of having 10Units alongside 4U maths... :S
(My scores for Chem and Bio are in 85-94s.)
What should i do?? Keep doing Senior science or drop it??

dinopoke

HSC
Personally, I suggest you to keep it. If it's too basic and boring, won't that mean you'll keep easily on top of the work? :D
And if you are worried about 4U Maths, it strengthens the fact that I think you should stay. :p

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I suggest you drop it
It is very, very highly likely that the unit won't count anyway, since Senior Science scales terribly
Might as well use that time to strengthen your other subjects

niccc nac

niccc
HSC
heyy.. i dont think you should drop it... senior sceince doesnt scale bad unless u get bad marks.. if u do well in your other sciences why not keep it?
i no the first unit is boring as! but your other sciences will cross over in it and it will be a piece of cake.... stick at it :)

chltmddus112

HSC
niccc nac said:
heyy.. i dont think you should drop it... senior sceince doesnt scale bad unless u get bad marks.. if u do well in your other sciences why not keep it?
i no the first unit is boring as! but your other sciences will cross over in it and it will be a piece of cake.... stick at it :)
No, even if u do well, it still scales down.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't drop it. If it scales really bad it won't count anyway but if you do extremely good (state ranking stuff) it might help your UAI.

Spik3balloon

HSC
kaz1 said:
Don't drop it. If it scales really bad it won't count anyway but if you do extremely good (state ranking stuff) it might help your UAI.
It might get you bragging rights, but a state rank will in no way affect your UAI. The 99->87.6 is referring to the person who topped the state in the subject. The UAI is calculated from the aggregate (addition) of the scaled marks.

If you really want the state rank go for it, however your time will probably be better spent improving your other subjects to reach your goal.

Last edited:

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
I'm doing it-- it was only offered to our year 11 (12 now kinda) group and i agree, it's dead easy, but considering the fact that it is only offered by a few schools, it's scaled up.
i don't know by how much but yeah.
and it will be easier to get good marks :]

xxx

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Nª!j∂♫ said:
I'm doing it-- it was only offered to our year 11 (12 now kinda) group and i agree, it's dead easy, but considering the fact that it is only offered by a few schools, it's scaled up.
i don't know by how much but yeah.
and it will be easier to get good marks :]

xxx
nope, maybe if it was only offered in the top schools and it was harder then it would be scaled up possibly...but just coz its only offered in a few doesn't mean its scaled up, especially if the tops schools dont have it (eg mine)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Spik3balloon said:
It might get you bragging rights, but a state rank will in no way affect your UAI. The 99->87.6 is referring to the person who topped the state in the subject. The UAI is calculated from the aggregate (addition) of the scaled marks.

If you really want the state rank go for it, however your time will probably be better spent improving your other subjects to reach your goal.
Whatever you say. I was just merely pointing out that there is no harm in keeping Senior Science if it doesn't affect his performance in any of his other subjects and a scaled mark of 87.6 would count in a lot of peoples UAIs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)