Senior Subjects and BMBS (1 Viewer)

Mickaylalala

HSC
hey,
jw if the subjects i've chosen for senior years are acceptable to get into a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course, I chose;
-Advanced English
-Chemistry
-Biology
-General Math
-Ancient History
- Society & culture
Im aware the S&C doesn't scale very well so i think ill drop it after year 11 but i'm a bit concerned about the level of math i chose. I'm not great at math so i'm not sure if i would cope with changing to 2unit Mathematics
Any opinions or advice you have would be much appreciated :)

J18134

HSC
A flaw in the system is you can get into any degree with any subjects as long as you reach the atar

Immortalp00n

HSC
hey,
jw if the subjects i've chosen for senior years are acceptable to get into a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course, I chose;
-Advanced English
-Chemistry
-Biology
-General Math
-Ancient History
- Society & culture
Im aware the S&C doesn't scale very well so i think ill drop it after year 11 but i'm a bit concerned about the level of math i chose. I'm not great at math so i'm not sure if i would cope with changing to 2unit Mathematics
Any opinions or advice you have would be much appreciated :)
as long as u get an atar of 99+ and a umat percentile of 90+ u should be set for pretty much all med unis within australia, given that u do well in interviews:)
all the best!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
General maths will screw you big time with scaling, anything below a band 6 and you're fucked

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just don't fucking do maths if you're shit at it.

Do something you're really fucking good at. Duh.

Most people that get into med would've done extension two. Awks.

nifkeh

HSC
you should just try 2U in year 11, if you don't like drop to general in HSC. But as others have said - gen maths is very hard to get a 99+ ATAR in. maybe in year 12 you could try picking up History extension as it scales well, at my school you just do an assignment, 1 trial and 1 HSC exam for it so it's not overwhelming and it scales better than general maths. But if you do well in all your units, then general maths won't affect you lots

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
honestly, if you did THAT well in general math to get you a 99 ATAR, you should of done 2U or higher.

Mickaylalala

HSC
you should just try 2U in year 11, if you don't like drop to general in HSC. But as others have said - gen maths is very hard to get a 99+ ATAR in. maybe in year 12 you could try picking up History extension as it scales well, at my school you just do an assignment, 1 trial and 1 HSC exam for it so it's not overwhelming and it scales better than general maths. But if you do well in all your units, then general maths won't affect you lots
Thanks that sounds like a good idea, yeah i was considering doing extension history next year i just wasnt too sure about the workload

fatboi

HSC
N/A
holy shit

ur subjects could not matter more

do whatever you'll get the highest mark in and there, bingo

those are the subjects u do

Mickaylalala

HSC
Just don't fucking do maths if you're shit at it.

Do something you're really fucking good at. Duh.

Most people that get into med would've done extension two. Awks.
im not bad at math but im not great either :/ i think its because i dont enjoy it

Mickaylalala

HSC
holy shit

ur subjects could not matter more

do whatever you'll get the highest mark in and there, bingo

those are the subjects u do
all of the subjects i choose are things that im good at and enjoy except math but its necessary for alot of things so i have to take it :/

funstudy

HSC
It should be fine. I would suggest doing 2U maths in Year 11 first, see if you can handle it (maybe with the help of a tutor?) and then drop down. Easier to go down than up. Also better to experiment in Yr 11 than in Yr 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)