Seriously considering dropping FINS 1613... (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm considering dropping accounting 1b, so boring I want to die and first years are so annoying.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
FINS1613

lol

The single subject that put me off a Finance major, and the Commerce degree as a whole.
This subject is putting me off a Finance major, but it's not putting me off the Commerce degree just yet. I'm loving my Microeconomics class, and I'm hoping to love my Accounting classes when I finally take 'em, so... *shrug*

I'm considering dropping accounting 1b, so boring I want to die and first years are so annoying.
Hey, I'm a first year. ;P (JK, and all that.)

Anyway, if you really want to drop it, you only have until 31st August to do so without financial penalty.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My friend was telling me about this super hot girl that was doing it.

Problem was, I saw her about thirty minutes prior to this friend telling me about her...

...making out with some Asian guy (not me).

i was not impressed

This subject is putting me off a Finance major, but it's not putting me off the Commerce degree just yet. I'm loving my Microeconomics class, and I'm hoping to love my Accounting classes when I finally take 'em, so... *shrug*
Microecon and Accounting are amazing compared to Finance.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hahahaha who struggles with first-year courses? If you're having a problem then you're obviously not reading the lecture notes properly or are looking too much into it.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Why drop it? If you stick with commerce you will have to eventually complete it so dropping it now only to pick it up in a later year again seems stupid.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
My friend was telling me about this super hot girl that was doing it.

Problem was, I saw her about thirty minutes prior to this friend telling me about her...

...making out with some Asian guy (not me).

i was not impressed
Yeah, I don't choose degrees and courses based on how many "attractive women" there area.

is a roflcopter
HSC
you should pick degrees based on the attractiveness of the women you can pick up with the big bucks that you earn afterwards

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, I don't choose degrees and courses based on how many "attractive women" there area.
(it was my sixth reason. sixth reason.)

you should pick degrees based on the attractiveness of the women you can pick up with the big bucks that you earn afterwards
exactly.

so maffs for then

and arts for now

perfect plan.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Microecon and Accounting are amazing compared to Finance.
Definitely. I'm turned off from Finance for, like, ever. (Ugh, I hate using "like" like this, but it just had that tone and just had to be done. Otherwise, it makes me sound like a preppy b----.)

Hahahaha who struggles with first-year courses? If you're having a problem then you're obviously not reading the lecture notes properly or are looking too much into it.
Erm, when did you take Finance again? If you took it when everything was multiple choice and you had better lecturers, it's no wonder that you didn't struggle with the subject. And when the lecture notes suck and the textbook sucks at explaining the content, well... *shrug*

halapenyo

HSC
Erm, when did you take Finance again? If you took it when everything was multiple choice and you had better lecturers, it's no wonder that you didn't struggle with the subject. And when the lecture notes suck and the textbook sucks at explaining the content, well... *shrug*
isnt it multiple choice now as well? our final is multichoice iirc.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Anybody know when quiz 1 results are going to be released (if ever)? They are swapping to multiple choice quizzes from here on which is a good decision, fins1612 had results back in 1 week and that was 25 questions thanks to multiple choice.. How it takes 3 weeks to mark 4 simple questions is beyond me and very annoying, if they want to remove the ability to guess calculation answers then just add more possible solutions, whats the problem..
my tutor told us that she already finished marking ours, but one particular tutor is having some "problem" with the marking, so hence the late release.

HSC
Uni Grad
the majority failed apparently
apparently i may have only been given a few sympathy marks coz i got so many calcs wrong :/

thought the calcs were going to be like the ones in the textbook. guess i was wrong. they were a lot harder.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
yeah my confidence for tomorrow's quiz has gone down the drain

halapenyo

HSC
yeah my confidence for tomorrow's quiz has gone down the drain
haha dont worry man. they changed it to multiple choice. and they increased the time limit to 30 minutes. you will be surprised how easy it is.

HSC
Uni Grad
haha dont worry man. they changed it to multiple choice. and they increased the time limit to 30 minutes. you will be surprised how easy it is.
I hope itll be easy. But if such quizzes are going to be easy then the finals will be hard as fuck :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)