• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Service Station Age limits (1 Viewer)

lacho95

HSC
Hey yall..
i asked a guy at Shell the other day if there was an age limit and he said you have to be 18.
But i dont know if thats just Shell..Im working at woolies and im 15 and i wanna transfer to Caltex Woolworths Petrol.
Thanks!!

Sarebs

HSC
I know some 15yo's who have worked at Caltex. They're on the books, so I'm guessing it's not company policy to have an 18yo age limit.

bdude

HSC
Could depend on the state. Each state has its own regulations on tobacco sales by minors.

lacho95

HSC
Thanks for replies. I know its legal to sell cigarettes in QLD because i sell them at woolworths. Im defs going to apply at Caltex now.
Cheers.
Lacho

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I did it for a few years.

It's really too much responsibility for a 15 year old. There's often no supervision and no assistance available, and you're given entire responsibility for managing a potentially extremely dangerous environment. Many people can die if an accident occurs and it's not properly managed.

lacho95

HSC
I believe Caltex Woolworths min age is 18.

Woolworths Petrol - Common Questions

Question on minimum working age.

Sorry mate.
Thanks.. i applied for just plain Caltex but they dont have any positions in my area at the moment. =[
on a side-note, i'm really impressed with how quickly A REAL PERSON replied to my application. Only 12 hours i think. About 20 times better than woolies!!

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I applied for a job at caltex 2 days ago also. There are heaps of vacancies in my area apparently. They called me within 12 hours also.

I'm an actual adult and experienced in this industry, so I will get the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)