• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Seth's soulmate (OC) plus quotes/music archive (2 Viewers)

Who is the best match for the lovely Seth?

• Summer (cf: Joey and Pacey in Dawson's Creek)

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Anna

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Marissa (outside chance for much later in series)

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ryan (inclusion for all u OC slash fans out there...sickos...)

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
like i said in the OC thread, the series is full of great emo and roots-pop. best so far:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (although I've been into him for ages. everybody go out and buy the album GRACE right now. so beautiful.)

That's the way we get by - spoon

california - phantom planet (the album is called The guest and is very awesome)

anything by rooney, jem (NOT grk_styl jem! luv ya!), or Death cab for cutie
I love the music from The O.C.! I wasn't a Jeff Buckley fan until someone (I think it was steph@nie I have to thank) said that Hallelujah was played on an episode. She said she really loved it and so I thought I would give it a go. So I downloaded the song and realised that I did already know the song. I listened to it a few times and loved it. Then I bought his album and have never looked back. I really love him now:).

I will have a look at Spoon, I have never heard of them. What song do you recommend:)?

I love California but I have only downloaded that song by Phantom Planet. What is their album like? Do all the songs sound similar to California:)?

I will have a look at all those other bands you mentioned too, except for Death Cab For Cutie. I am a huge fan of those and have been for quite a while now:cool:! Man, they are awesome:uhhuh:.

Do you know that The O.C. has a soundtrack? I think I am going to go though all the bands that appear on that album:).

welshi said:
as for quotes, my faves apart from ryan's opening line to marissa all come from seth. best moment so far has to be "I wish I was a mermaid..." (major SQUEEEEE! moment!!!)

that, and "Dude...you made out with my grandma."

Any suggestions on both, plz post.
I have far too many favourite quotes to post here, have a look in the other thread if you are really interested:).

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
too many ppl love adam b....hes mine i tell you, all mine! :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
from last week's episode:

(to Sandy) "Those eyebrows are outta control."

"It's pronounced (in a funny accent) Tijuana. You're so white, mom."

(referring to Ryan) "He's naked! All right? He's naked! He studies in the nude. It's a Chino thing. Okay? And I think that if you were going to walk in on him naked, and Dad was to find out, I think suspicions would be raised. A house divided will not stand."

(to Summer) "That's my bed. Just thought you should know."

oh, and he named his toy horse Captain Oats..too cute!!
They are some of my favourites:).

Tusitula said:
the song for the channel 10 ads for the OC is evermore - it's too late for people who don't know.

Their apparently a great band live.

website - http://www.evermoreband.com
Oh, is that the song that they play after the show has finished (like during the credits)? If it is, from what I have heard of it, I love that song too:).

enak said:
lol, all 27 eps :p

What are they up to on tv?
I think there have been about eight episodes so far. Season two is starting in America soon:).

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
nah evermore is a new zealand band. The song is for the channel 10 commercials.

OooOoo, and for all those OC fans who haven't googled the music from the OC heres a doozy of a website

http://wborangecounty.tripod.com/id14.html

Like ive died and gone to heaven.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
lol, and have a peek at the OC drinking game, pure gold.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Tusitula said:

OooOoo, and for all those OC fans who haven't googled the music from the OC heres a doozy of a website

fantastic

but doesn't doozy mean bad.. i thought it'd be a dodgy site

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
doozy? really? i always thought it meant something along the lines like "whopper"

Fry

From this week:

Ryan: Why would I be nervous?
Seth: Because we're going to school with like 300 Lukes minus the redeeming social qualities. <-- lol, so true

Sandy: Come on, son. Be positive. Maybe this year will be different.
Seth: Yeah that's the mantra every year and every year some water polo guy pees in one of my shoes.
(Sandy looks at him suprised)
Seth: No I'm kidding. He pees in both of them.

what is it with him and water polo guys??

From previous episodes:

Marissa: You guys are up to something.
Seth: You didn't tell her anything did you?
Ryan: I think the black turtle-neck in August tipped her off.
Seth: I was going for stealth, and it's slimming.

Seth: At least I don't shave my chest.
Luke: What?
Seth: I said you look good in a sweater vest.

Seth: I have an extra ticket to the IMAX, Donny. It's a shark movie - hammerheads, very violent. You want to come?
Donny: Shark movie? What are you, like, eight?
Seth: You got a better idea?
Donny: I got a house party in Long Beach. Six kegs, crazy honeys...
Seth: Okay, yes, that is better.
Seth: I do enjoy the crazy honeys.

Seth: Seth Cohen, your friendly neighborhood pimp at your service.

Seth: Well, it turns out I'm quite skilled at getting a date, provided it's not for me.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Tusitula said:
Oh, damn. So does anyone know what the name of the song is that I am talking about:confused:?

Tusitula said:

Nice site, thanks:).

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Merethrond said:
I love the music from The O.C.! I wasn't a Jeff Buckley fan until someone (I think it was steph@nie I have to thank) said that Hallelujah was played on an episode. She said she really loved it and so I thought I would give it a go. So I downloaded the song and realised that I did already know the song. I listened to it a few times and loved it. Then I bought his album and have never looked back. I really love him now:).
indeedy jeff is god of soul and beauty and poetry. have u got sketches for my sweetheart the drunk? there are no words.

Merethrond said:
I will have a look at Spoon, I have never heard of them. What song do you recommend:)?
the way we get by is a good one to start with :uhhuh:

Merethrond said:
I love California but I have only downloaded that song by Phantom Planet. What is their album like? Do all the songs sound similar to California:)?
no but the singer has a really distinctive voice. it's all california pop-rock, there's one called "hey now girl" that's really cool

Merethrond said:
I will have a look at all those other bands you mentioned too, except for Death Cab For Cutie. I am a huge fan of those and have been for quite a while now:cool:! Man, they are awesome:uhhuh:.

Do you know that The O.C. has a soundtrack? I think I am going to go though all the bands that appear on that album:).

yeah i looked at it and realised i already had half of them!!! i am loving death cab, movie script ending and lack of colour arehigh rotation...

Cicciolina

HSC
Another good song is South's 'Paint it black' (mentioned it in the other OC thread) - they played it during *the* kiss on the ferris wheel.

Other good Phantom Planet Songs: Knowitall and the Anthem.

Looove Rooney. Those boys are so hot.

Good Death cab for cutie songs: We looked like giants, Death of an interior decorator. Very melancholy stuff I guess.

Also Smashing Pumpkin's 'To Sheila' was on it. It's such a beautiful song.

Cicciolina

HSC
I noticed that the link that's been posted doesn't have all the episodes. The official OC website is actually excellent, it's got a great synopsis of each episode as well as the songs they play. www.fox.com/oc I think.

The 2nd season isn't for a while, 4th November.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm Anna doesn't have a chance, Seth+Summer has been built up all series, Anna's just a little diversion from the real start of their relationship.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Tusitula said:
Oh yes, i know what your talkin about. I did a google search for it a while back.

http://www.ocfiles.com/forum/t448.html

I think this is what you mean..?
That sounds like that is the one but they said that there is no title to the song:(. I am going to have a tough time trying to find it and it only goes for forty seconds:(.

welshi said:
indeedy jeff is god of soul and beauty and poetry. have u got sketches for my sweetheart the drunk? there are no words.
No I don't, but I thought that he only released one album before he died:confused:?

welshi said:
the way we get by is a good one to start with :uhhuh:
Thanks, downloading now:).

welshi said:
no but the singer has a really distinctive voice. it's all california pop-rock, there's one called "hey now girl" that's really cool
That will be my next:D.

welshi said:
yeah i looked at it and realised i already had half of them!!! i am loving death cab, movie script ending and lack of colour arehigh rotation...
Yeah, I have only heard of a few of the songs from the soundtrack. Movie Script Ending is probably my favourite song by Death Cab For Cutie:cool:.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Merethrond said:
No I don't, but I thought that he only released one album before he died:confused:?
yeah he only released grace but he was gearing up to record an albu he planned to call "my sweetheart the drunk" when he died and so his mum organised a double cd to be released with some of that stuff on it. gorgeous moments, including everybody here wants you.

EDIT: oh yeah, and oc stuff...i am positive summer and seth are going to shag this season. positive. just a hunch. some random drunken party thing. i feel it in my bones. anyone agree?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
enak said:
lol, all 27 eps :p

What are they up to on tv?
dunno
but yeah foragoodcause has them atm :) pb i think is next in line

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
Another good song is South's 'Paint it black' (mentioned it in the other OC thread) - they played it during *the* kiss on the ferris wheel.

Other good Phantom Planet Songs: Knowitall and the Anthem.

Looove Rooney. Those boys are so hot.

Also Smashing Pumpkin's 'To Sheila' was on it. It's such a beautiful song.
I will have a look at all these too, thanks:). Is "Paint it Black" a cover of the The Rolling Stones' song:)?

welshi said:
yeah he only released grace but he was gearing up to record an albu he planned to call "my sweetheart the drunk" when he died and so his mum organised a double cd to be released with some of that stuff on it. gorgeous moments, including everybody here wants you.
Thanks, I will be sure to have a look at it:).

Althea

Since this is to do with the music of the OC, I guess I can post it here!

Does anyone like/or heard the 'Honey and the Moon' song by Joseph Arthur? I think it was off the first episode... anyways, I really like it and wondered if the rest of his music is anything like it. Maybe someone who is into his music can suggest some of his other songs! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)