• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sex b4 marriage (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Merro said:
Before Christianity started and became established as a religion, sex was holy to the local pagan religions. :)
I dunno about that. It sounds kinda similar to the idea in "da da vinci code"

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
Merro said:
I don't really care, but I'm ok with no sex b4 marriage, but, don't worry fellas, I probably won't stick religiously to it :). But I'm full of useless info. (you'll learn that soon)

Sex was holy in the religion b4 Christianity came about. When Constatine proclaimed Christianity to be the major religion, the Christians started a hate/incorporation campaign against the local pagan religions, and said that sex was an act of evil.

The incorporation bit includes: religious festivals (eg Chrissy, Easter) were put on the same day so people would become used to it quicker, and the halos on saints and angels. They got the idea from the sun behind the ancient Egyptian god's heads.

ne way: my useless info rant for the day.
sex out of marriage wasnt accepted in jewish customs either. that was like, before christianity

*ashlea*

HSC
Merro said:
Sex was holy in the religion b4 Christianity came about.
where did u learn that??
certainly not sumfn i've heard b4..

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
religion is outdated.
does anyone know why christians originally said no sex before marriage?
its because marriage was an establishment created to help foster the raising of children, if people didnt have sex before marriage, it meant that they couldnt have bastard children[another word invented by the christians to make sex outside of marriage seem evil] these were the days without contraception

these days i beleive there is no real reason not to have sex outside of marriage, children outside of marriage is a more touchy subject but sex outside of marriage is the norm these days. if any1 gives me any kind of crap such as making sure they are the right person, or making sure its the person they love...then they are a fool, it makes no difference if its marriage or not, it can still be the right person, and clearly love exists outside of marriage.

lastly because it makes marriage more "special" is a very subjective statement, therefore it has no real meaning here

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Serius said:
religion is outdated.
does anyone know why christians originally said no sex before marriage?
its because marriage was an establishment created to help foster the raising of children, if people didnt have sex before marriage, it meant that they couldnt have bastard children[another word invented by the christians to make sex outside of marriage seem evil] these were the days without contraception

these days i beleive there is no real reason not to have sex outside of marriage, children outside of marriage is a more touchy subject but sex outside of marriage is the norm these days. if any1 gives me any kind of crap such as making sure they are the right person, or making sure its the person they love...then they are a fool, it makes no difference if its marriage or not, it can still be the right person, and clearly love exists outside of marriage.

lastly because it makes marriage more "special" is a very subjective statement, therefore it has no real meaning here
i think it can make perfect sense - to make sure people don't have blind sex like its nothing special. It doesn't have to be THAT special, but I can see how it can be used to avoid such a thing, esp in the old days....

plus the fact that its mean to be, religiously, the person you value, you love. The person you marry is ASSUMED your ultimate love, and all that stuff, so why would you settle for someone who doesn't "love" you enough to marry you so THEN give you a humping?

This is very logical, but of course, can pose problems. We don't ALL need to be sheltered. You don't have to lay out rules so you can produce morals. There are plenty of non-religious people who are going to save their virginity for that special someone so it's not like sex is going to be meaningless.

Sometimes I think that religion is like an overprotective parent....

HSC
N/A
Merro said:
Sex was holy in the religion b4 Christianity came about..
so what was this religion in which sex was considered holy :confused: :D :confused: :eek:

anyhow, it still is, by strong beleivers - but the people of today seem to take it as a casual "who cares" kinda thins

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
so what was this religion in which sex was considered holy :confused: :D :confused: :eek:
I heard that too but I think I remember it from "The DaVinci Code" that there was a religion where women were highly respected and having sex brings you closer to God, so it was a holy act.....

meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)