Sexuality VS Reputation? (1 Viewer)

Jerixodia

HSC
Hey all, kinda my first post here, though i do admit i have been lurking around these forums for awhile.

Anyway, the other day I was hanging around with a few people in my schools study room, playing around on the computers (actually looking up this forum, but anyway), when one of my friends brings a copy of "So your gay!" from the Libarys restricted section. We laugh at some at it for a second and move on. Awhile later, my years only open gay boy walks into the Study hall, and does his own thing, minding his own buisness. One of my friends dares another friend to give him the book as abit of a laugh, though the guy they dared to do this is also an extremly embarressing idiot. They ment it as a joke, while he actually did it, much to my horror, embarresment, disgust, etc.
The gay guy took it in good humour, but was still anyoed about it. I'm really happy he took it in a good humour.
Though, like I said he still seemed annoyed when I talked to him later on msn, and wanted names as to whos idea it was. He also mentioned heaps of stupid, imature stuff like that happens out our school, which is sad because hes only been there for a year.
I really respect the "only gay guy in the village/school" and have been trying to help him abit fiting in, as he hasnt been at my school for long. That and l'm bisexual, so talking with him ocaisionally helps me from going insane. He doesnt know l'm Bi but, and nobody does at my school. I'v brilliantly pulled off a double life over the past three years, and i have my reasons for not comming out in public and just saying "l'm bi", mainly because l'm doing my HSC this year, and this type of stuff is the last thing i need. That and i have a girlfriend who i care about to much to tarnish her name as well. She knows l'm bi, she met me through an ex boyfriend. To sound to poetic, she is the lightness in my darkness. :uhhuh:

Now, l'm at conflicts with myself, should i have spoken up, and just put the book back before things get out of hand? Should I tell the gay guy i know kinda how it feels, because l'm Bi? What do people car about more, sexuality or reputation?

Last edited:

BlytheChloe

HSC
Depends what your community is like. You said "village" so I'm assuming country town?

If they don't care about people being gay then it doesn't matter if you associate with that guy I guess.

But if there's more anti-gay people then there are open-minded people then :S but you could still talk to him about your similarities (in discreet)...

Come to Sydney (and bring that guy along LOL)! We'll go to 08's Mardi Gras together :)

I'm not attracted to females but straight people enjoy the Mardi Gras as much as those who are gay!

Personally, I don't care about someone's sexuality (unless a girl starts confessing her love to me). I like gay guys. They're fun man.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mr_brightside said:
bisexual people are just greedy.
don't say that!

anywhoo, coming out is a personal choice blah blah blah, all that jazz

however, be warned, in all seriousness, there are a lot of people on both the gay and straight side who don't "believe" in bisexuality, and that can be a problem

as for putting the book back, objectively perhaps you should have, on the other hand, as unfair as it is, he will have to learn to deal with shit like that, and i'm sure he'll develop a thickskin in time.

imho being there for him as a friend is more important than trying to shield him from every little joke and snide remark

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Up to you man, if you wanna face the consequences good and bad.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
ooo bi-curious?

What's that?
It's where you mainly like/fuck girls, but every so often you curiously think you would like a good hard cock to play with.

Jerixodia

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Are you actually bisexual or are you that bullshit term bi-curious?
Should our human shells define who we like? Does that answer your question :p.
This place is also more like a city, rather then a village. That term was just used as a homeage to "little britain".

Thanks for the feedback.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
im a gay atheist lesbian feminist anarchist

deal with it

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
"Bicurious" is what homosexual uses to rationalise their homosexuality with themselves while pretending to be hetrosexuals.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
telling him you understand what he's going through wont necesserily make him feel better. if you want to tell him you're bi-sexual, you should come to a point where you trust him enough that he'll keep it to himself. it applies to people in GENERAL not just him.. don't tell anyone anything until you actually fully trust them!!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Jerixodia said:
To sound to poetic, she is the lightness in my darkness. :uhhuh:
Yin-yang analogies are fine. Actually likening yours selves to the separate parts of the symbol is less so.

Last edited:

f(sex)

HSC
jb_nc said:
im a gay atheist lesbian feminist anarchist

deal with it
you might as well be black too.

anyway... having said that, does the new kid have any friends?
if he hasnt found friends by like... term 4... thats more than just a bit of trouble fitting in

Jerixodia

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Yin-yang analogies are fine. Actually likening yours selves to the separate parts of the symbol is less so.
That statment had nothing to do wih Symbolisation. Theres no point been cryptic to people you dont know on Internet forums, when your a newbie.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Jerixodia said:
That statment had nothing to do wih Symbolisation. Theres no point been cryptic to people you dont know on Internet forums, when your a newbie.
Not everyoe has the same level-headed view as you do. And that goes for forum regulars and heavyweights, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)