Shakespeare and IP's (1 Viewer)

Shoelia

HSC
Hey Everyone

I'm contemplating and researching what to do for my monologue at the moment. Had oringally thought Jane Eyre, but I don't think there would be enough varying emotions for me to display (a friend told me it was best to show as many emotions as i could... not overly of course), cause Jane is a fairly placid character.

I really love Shakespeare and when done well it's soo good. I just wondered if anyone thought Shakespeare was a little over done and whether the markers would frown upon it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I can easily say that Shakespeare has been done before, however, I wouldn't say it's too common. I'm sure the markers wouldn't frown upon it, if, you did a brilliant job.

Only attempt it though if your really into that type of language, and Elizabethan theatre conventions. Otherwise, its probably too much worry to bother with.

SpoonSamba

HSC
I don't think that Shakespeare is that common, i don't know anyone personally who has done it but some guy at onstage did this year and he was brilliant. So I think Shakespeare done well is a winner as long as you pick a good character and stuff and understand the language.

Shoelia

HSC
Yeh Richard's Lament was fabulous at onstage wasn't it. It's okay, I've decided to do Chekov instead :)

memadison

HSC
Shoelia said:
Hey Everyone

I'm contemplating and researching what to do for my monologue at the moment. Had oringally thought Jane Eyre, but I don't think there would be enough varying emotions for me to display (a friend told me it was best to show as many emotions as i could... not overly of course), cause Jane is a fairly placid character.

I really love Shakespeare and when done well it's soo good. I just wondered if anyone thought Shakespeare was a little over done and whether the markers would frown upon it.
thoughts..

depends which shakespeare you choose. hey jane eyre could be original...i mean yeah shes placid but shes a definite character no? sometimes i get frustrated with trying to be all arty just to please markers. think about it though, the experiences jane eyre goes through when she leaves school, are just as up and down as any other, but the way its written as well as her huge amount of self control plays it down a bit.

shes just as crazy in love as juliet or viola, just the language is not as elegant. it would take some reworking though...

..yeh i really like shakespeare...kudos to baz luhrman for introducing romeo & juliet in original language to popular culture

memadison

HSC
SpoonSamba said:
I don't think that Shakespeare is that common, i don't know anyone personally who has done it but some guy at onstage did this year and he was brilliant. So I think Shakespeare done well is a winner as long as you pick a good character and stuff and understand the language.

yeah that guy that did Richard was really good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)