Share your 2012 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

TomHSC2012

HSC
75.05! WOOO! Yes it could of been better but for what I need to do it's fine!

welbeck11

HSC
Oh also, by passing the minimum atar (and if you have a lot of bonus points) that does not guarantee a place in your course right?
Yeah I have the same question. Coz I want to do arts/laws at macq which is a 95.9 cutoff and i got 95.9. So does this mean I am in or does it depend on numbers?

Aysce

HSC
2nd highest ATAR in my school, first and second in all my subjects- 77.1
My his. extension mark got moderated down by 10 points, my eng. extension 2 by 8, my modern history by 8. word of warning peeps- try to get into the best schools.
I must agree to this - my cohort dragged me down to a small extent and some of my teachers didn't even bother helping me mark my questions and so on. Try to move to better ranked schools so you obviously have a better cohort and possibly better teachers.

HSC
N/A
I must agree to this - my cohort dragged me down to a small extent and some of my teachers didn't even bother helping me mark my questions and so on. Try to move to better ranked schools so you obviously have a better cohort and possibly better teachers.
+1

I was dragged a mark or two down in every subject. it all adds up at the end of the day :/

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
^
However if you are consistently topping all your subs you don't have to worry.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
^
However if you are consistently topping all your subs you don't have to worry.
but then you have to perform well in all HSC exams.

Didn't work for me (in english)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I was first and/or second in all my subjects and it still did. This is also because moderation applies more to me as my cohort was extremely small in some subjects. In English Advanced, with 40ish students, I was 2nd and my mark was moderated/aligned up 2 points. In History Extension, with 3 students, I was first and my mark was moderated down 10 points.
If you are first you won't get affected by the other students.

iBibah

HSC
I was first and/or second in all my subjects and it still did. This is also because moderation applies more to me as my cohort was extremely small in some subjects. In English Advanced, with 40ish students, I was 2nd and my mark was moderated/aligned up 2 points. In History Extension, with 3 students, I was first and my mark was moderated down 10 points.
If your first and you get the highest raw mark in the externals, then you cannot be affected by your cohort.

syrensymphony

HSC
Estimates ranged from around 94.05 on both Einstein and Matrix to 98.55 on talent100 and Dux yesterday.
Actual atar was 99.1, I'm shocked; don't trust the accuracy of the calculators!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Why then does raw 80 go to 70?
I'm talking about reported internal mark, not external.
Tell me the scores in the sub you are talking about, and I will attempt to explain it.

If you were rank 1 and your scores were different (i.e not identical) someone in your cohort beat you externally (like assessment higher than examination). If they were matching, you got the highest score like 40 40, you got 40 as highest exam mark which becomes the assessment mark of top which is also you.
In the 2nd cases, your assessment mark will be margins between ranks affected, like top exam mark of say 90 will be 1st's internal and as 2nd, you may get an 88 or 89 etc.

jessicahung

HSC
Uni Grad
95.75.. a bit disappointed..
So did english standard really let me down? Even I got a hsc mark of 91??!!!

W

waagoo

does anyone know how to check your atar if you didnt register with uac?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)