Share your 2012 HSC results here (1 Viewer)

Blocy

HSC
N/A
Biology - 83
2u Maths - 89
Adv Eng - 88
Economics - 90
Senior science - 95

Currybear

HSC
Eng Adv - 87/88/88
Chem - 91/89/90
Phys - 92/92/92
MX1 - 98/98/98
MX2 - 92/92/92

Matrix Estimate - 99.00
If you dont mind me asking, what is the rank of your school? cause i think i may be in a similar boat as you, my classes are very small, almost as yours and im topping the majority of my subjects, but because of the small clases i dont know how im doing with respect to the other 2013's. Do you have any advice?

cheers bro,

lightpursuer

HSC
I'm doing my HSC in 2015, although it's ages away time goes fast so could anyone give me any advice or heads up?

Jigram

HSC
Modern History - 94
Legal Studies - 91
Ancient History - 91
Society and Culture - 89
English Advanced - 83

I'm happy with all my other marks but English is crushing as I got 90s all through my assessments, and my teacher is renowned as a hard marker. What do you guys think?

I came first in English, Modern, and Ancient in assessments, and first in all 5 in the HSC exam in my year btw.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Modern History - 94
Legal Studies - 91
Ancient History - 91
Society and Culture - 89
English Advanced - 83

I'm happy with all my other marks but English is crushing as I got 90s all through my assessments, and my teacher is renowned as a hard marker. What do you guys think?

I came first in English, Modern, and Ancient in assessments, and first in all 5 in the HSC exam in my year btw.
Get a clerical check and get your paper so you can see if any booklets went missing.

megaman64

HSC
eng adv - 91
maths - 91
maths x1- 88
chem - 83
phys - 82
eco- 80

can someone give me an estimate?

Thanks

nofate

HSC
If you dont mind me asking, what is the rank of your school? cause i think i may be in a similar boat as you, my classes are very small, almost as yours and im topping the majority of my subjects, but because of the small clases i dont know how im doing with respect to the other 2013's. Do you have any advice?

cheers bro,
Sure, yeah I worried about the same thing when I started the HSC. My school rank was about 300, however our cohort's performance in 2011 was pretty bad. Our cohort was very similar to the cohort in 2010, achieving a rank of around 150.

Jigram

HSC
Get a clerical check and get your paper so you can see if any booklets went missing.
Is there any way to have it remarked? I have messy handwriting and whilst I'm not being pretentious and saying that there's no way I would ever get that mark, I think that could have really affected it. Will they check that?

HSC
N/A
Is there any way to have it remarked? I have messy handwriting and whilst I'm not being pretentious and saying that there's no way I would ever get that mark, I think that could have really affected it. Will they check that?
They will not remark. Only check the adds (at a price)

iBibah

HSC
"This service is an opportunity to confirm your marks were processed correctly. It does not involve a re-mark of examination responses."

You unfortunately cannot get your paper remarked.

Jigram

HSC
What if there's a large discrepancy in the marks for each section (as in the two that each marker gives and is averaged) and it's obvious this could be attributed to the handwriting?

I don't mean to sound naieve here but I just want all the info haha :)

Last edited:

Cheesecake_a

HSC
What is the point of getting the paper back? This is similar to me in that for religion i was getting mid 90s all the time, but my mark ended up being 85 overall. Isn't this the same thing with your English mark, the whole moderation etc?

Currybear

HSC
Sure, yeah I worried about the same thing when I started the HSC. My school rank was about 300, however our cohort's performance in 2011 was pretty bad. Our cohort was very similar to the cohort in 2010, achieving a rank of around 150.
<3 Cheers bro, you have no idea how good it felt to read your response :p.
But how do you know how your doing, as the classes are so small?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
English ad: 95
Bio: 96
Geo: 94
Chem: 94
Maths: 97
Maths ext: 96 (48/50)

Est. atar: 99.7

Jigram

HSC
What is the point of getting the paper back? This is similar to me in that for religion i was getting mid 90s all the time, but my mark ended up being 85 overall. Isn't this the same thing with your English mark, the whole moderation etc?
I want a review because I think there is an error somewhere. I'll be able to live with the mark a whole lot better if I know there has been no mistake

iBibah

HSC
What if there's a large discrepancy in the marks for each section (as in the two that each marker gives and is averaged) and it's obvious this could be attributed to the handwriting?

I don't mean to sound naieve here but I just want all the info haha :)
It means you should have learned how to write properly. Markers cannot mark something they can't read. No ones fault but yours.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If your HSC mark is below 90, and then 2morrow it gets scaled up to 90+ . Does it still count as a band 6?
No, all that happens tomorrow is you get an ATAR. You wont have any idea how stuff scaled until UAC release the scaling report, by which time it's likely most 2012 students will have moved on.

Life4Never

HSC
English Advance : 85
Chemistry : 91
Engineering Studies : 93
Mathematics Extenstion I : 99
Mathematics Extension II : 95
Physics : 90

Jigram

HSC
@ibibab

Clearly my other marks show that I can write properly. English is far more time-stressful in my opinion and thus my handwriting, which is normally quite messy, would have become worse.

There is no need to be rude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)