Share your ATAR here (1 Viewer)

bhatman

HSC
99.40, achieved my goal I set at the start of the year. But more overjoyed at the performance of my cohort hahaha they absolutely killed it :)
Especially happy considering I fractured the wrist of my writing hand 2 months before trials

Last edited:

emilios

HSC
could be a very dumb question

but janek drevikovsky definitely got a 99.95 right? lol

britaker

HSC
Do you really need a lot of hard work? People tell me 90-95 is easy, 95+ is where it takes work
Yes and no. Subjects I was naturally good at (English, 2u) I did almost no work for. Subjects I sucked at (Chemistry, MX1) I would say I did 1-2 hours a day excluding week ends for, if you averaged it out over the year?

In the end the subjects I was naturally good at ended up saving my ATAR, though I'm far more proud I managed to get a low B6 in Chem than my considerably higher score in English.
I've just realised this doesn't really make sense. Um... I tend to err on the side of 'work hard', simply so you don't end up second guessing yourself after the HSC ends. YOLO?

Propaz

HSC
Wow, seeing awesome results on this thread. Got an ATAR of 77, not particularly the highest but I'm still happy with it. Good job guys! :)

Last edited:

milkytea99

HSC
yep! someone from my year did senior science, advanced english, business studies, PDHPE, and SOR II- but managed to pull of an atar of 98.2
Wow! That's impressive! Even people whom I know with 4u maths , physics and all the high scaling didn't even get 98.

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Wow! That's impressive! Even people whom I know with 4u maths , physics and all the high scaling didn't even get 98.
I got 98.65 with adv eng/eco/bus/legal/biology

You can pretty much get any atar you want regardless of ur subjects. Just please, for the love of god, don't pick standard english. ever.

Propaz

HSC
It really is, I'm so happy for her! Just goes to show that even if you pick low scaling subjects, hard work pays off in the end :)

Last edited:

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
To standard english naysayers, a guy I know this year got band 6 in everything except standard eng, where he got 75! Yes, 75, and he ended up with a 98, so yeah
Minimum mark awarded to large information-dump generic response according to senior HSC Advanced English Marker: 12/20

12x3=36

Assumed decent mark in paper one = mark in the 60s-70s = instant band 4-6 with superior scaling. Why the hell wouldn't you do Advanced? :eek:

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Do you really need a lot of hard work? People tell me 90-95 is easy, 95+ is where it takes work
It's all relative tbh. I know people who worked very hard and got 70 while others bludged and got 93. It also depends on your subjects and if they suit your strengths. My friend picked the wrong subs which didn't correlate with their strengths. Ultimately even with hard work they were still not capable of getting a b6.

In a nutshell it comes down to both your work ethic and aptitude for the specific sub. Combine both and you'll do well, regardless of scaling elements.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I studied for 4-7 hours a day with a break every second sunday for a 90.95 (Mind you i had Standard English, General Math and a VET Subject). It's not an easy task at least in my opinion

madijd

HSC
If you pick subjects you're naturally good at 95 is very achievable with minimal effort.

I got state ranked in Italian beginners but didn't ever do any study other than the set homework, and I don't enjoy it! I know I am naturally talented at languages though so it was a good choice and I ended up with 97.

Same for german cont. Because I also did german ext I never did ANY work for german cont (no homework or classwork) and still manages 96 because of natural ability.

HOWEVER: I had to study a lot to get my 90, 90 and 93 in English, Bio and 2Umaths because I am not naturally talented in them.

My ATAR is 98.35

baci

HSC
I got 99.2 and a state ranking doing English Adv, Maths General, Legal Studies, SORII and French Continuers. Not particularly high scaling subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)