• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

sharemarket discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
:)

EDIT: Guess who bought it?
Was it a bank in America? Can't remember who, but I heard it on the news.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
:)

EDIT: Guess who bought it?
ahahahha fuck you cunt. i so wish i had money. if i had $3k spare i wouldve 100% bought yesterday :(

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
stazi said:
ahahahha fuck you cunt. i so wish i had money. if i had $3k spare i wouldve 100% bought yesterday :(
MCQ has been the only spec purchase i've made this year!

It's ridiculous that it fell $7 yesterday just because it has IB operations, and everyone was spooked by whats happening in the US.

Shows how Warren Buffet and those guys made all their money.

HalcyonSky

HSC
anyone who bought macq shares yesterday is a genius
or a filthy short-trader.

Regained all our losses, hard to say whether or not to sell today or later next week after theres more info on the US governments half a trillion dollar debt plan.. market is crazy atm, im refreshing the pages of the shares i have and theyre going up by like 0.3% every few minutes. jesus christ.

kony

HSC
Lihir gold surprisingly down from yesterday's close despite reaching a high of $2.98, after being only at about $1.70 earlier this week :O

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
woot made almost $700 today =DDDDDDDDDDD
good considering i only had 8.7k in capital...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
US Government to make hundreds of billions of dollars bailout:

http://news.smh.com.au/world/global-stocks-soar-on-us-rescue-plan-20080920-4kdz.html
Global stock markets have cheered US government moves to soothe financial turmoil and a pledge to tackle toxic debt in the US banking system at the root of the crisis.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Friday the massive financial rescue plan would cost hundreds of billions of dollars.

"We're talking hundreds of billions. This needs to be big enough to make a real difference and get at the heart of the problem," he said.
Won't this just delay the inevitable and make it worse when it does happen? Not to mention the inflation effects on the US economy.

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
wow what a day on the market, heh?
if days like these keep coming along, i'll be a millionaire in no time =]

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Bailout plan fails, Wall St suffers its biggest points loss ever (~750) and NASDAQ down over 9%. Oh yeah baby. This is fun.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Aussie market is also down in the dumps :s Oh well - could be a good time to buy. My shares fell further, though. so gay

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh ffs. it's just getting ridiculous. DOW futures point to another drop.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
look at the aussie dollar :s below 65 US cents. down sharply on every currency. even the rouble.

at least other country's currencies are doing ok, whilst their stock market dies.

blue_chameleon

HSC
stazi said:
look at the aussie dollar :s below 65 US cents. down sharply on every currency. even the rouble.

at least other country's currencies are doing ok, whilst their stock market dies.
Hopefully will improve by the end of the month, when US company's report for the year.

The way things are though, don't hold your breath. :(

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Can someone explain to me why the value of our dollar is falling so drastically compared to other countries.

This is shite my super is like crumbling and if the dollar drops any further against the yen I'll have plane tickets to japan but i won't be able to afford to go there.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Hagaren said:
Can someone explain to me why the value of our dollar is falling so drastically compared to other countries.

This is shite my super is like crumbling and if the dollar drops any further against the yen I'll have plane tickets to japan but i won't be able to afford to go there.
Your super's crumbling? Are you serious?

Dude, you are all of probably 18 years old. Your super balance have absolutely no relevance to you now, other than the fact you should be making contributions!

EDIT: How long are you planning on heading to Japan for? And were you going by yourself?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hagaren said:

DJI futures are up again :D

uniform interest rate card in many countries = AUD recovering some ground (.68c against USD). 4 yen recovery, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)