shares (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
hey, i was just wondering if anyone here is interested in shares ?
and if they know much about them.

i've got a couple of hundred dollars spare, and i'm thinking of just buyin a few shares, and leaving it..

i just want to know whats the best bang for buck share, whats the most fastest growing share and is not likely to drop..

and how many people on here own shares, buy shares, and know about them..

i dont really want to make money from it (a few hundred wont make me much richer) but if possible give me 'some' dividend in return, even if its jsut a few cents.
so i can just leave it as an item i can look back on and remember "oh this is the money my brother gave me on my bday".

also. is it better to buy domestic shares? or overseas shares?

im pretty interested in overseas shares, but how would it work out ?

is it just better to leave the money with domestic? or should i say safer?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
funniboi said:

i've got a couple of hundred dollars spare, and i'm thinking of just buyin a few shares, and leaving it..

i just want to know whats the best bang for buck share, whats the most fastest growing share and is not likely to drop..

i dont really want to make money from it (a few hundred wont make me much richer) but if possible give me 'some' dividend in return, even if its jsut a few cents.
so i can just leave it as an item i can look back on and remember "oh this is the money my brother gave me on my bday".

buying shares with couple of hundred bux it pointless as u cant get decent amount of shares and the brokage fee is already 10% of wat ur gona invest in. if ur desperate, go buy those 2 cent/share one, one day when it goes 10 cents u made a grand, otherwise if it zero u lost everything, get the pun? :D

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
funniboi said:

Yeah i guess shares are pretty interesting, its not alot of fun wen u lose money in them tho. Newayz, ill try 2 answer your questions...

sorry, but a couple of hundered bucks wont equate into a large profit... you can buy a bunch of little shares with it, but they never move and are a waste of time neway.

its hard 2 say wats the best for money and wat grows fast etc. Different factors (announcements) are the reasons why shares go up and down. The whole market is quite volatile, you dont know wen its gonna go up or down. Sometimes even trends are hard 2 follow...

U can't relaly leave money there and think "oh ok in 4 years it will pay off" You need to constantly check the market - your share price mite skyrocket and if u dont sell, u mite not be able to get that same amount of profit again.

I don't know much about international shares, but domestic ones are your best bet as they are easy to chek and yeah its easier (i think) 2 sell and buy and all that stuff. If you are seriouslt interested, theres a few shares which i have been keeping a track of...

1) Channel 10 - This plummeted from (around about) $4.30 to $3.96. I though it would keep on going down... then went up to $4.01.. then $4.21
2) Channel 7 - The same story.. it was $7.44, went dow to $7.10 and is now picking up (about $7.15)
3) Adelaide bank - A real winner, this was about $10.82 a couple of months ago... then reached $11.58 (went down to $11.44 2day i think)
4) Dominos pizza - Yep, u wouldnt think it, but this is a pretty strong share, went down to $2.12 where i though it would stay with little movement. Ended up going to $2.24 (and goin up)

If ne one else is interested in discussing shares or wateva, then yeah just reply.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Where's doe or Leftrightout when u need em...I'd eventually like to invest in shares as well, but not til I have at least a couple of grand so that I can get dividends and in the long term make some money. Would it work if I just went for shares which have the highest dividend percentage?

funniboi

HSC
yeah i wasn't really planning on profiting, as the some of the money are leftover birthday money, and i just thought that it's something i can look back on.. like "oh, this was my birthday money" but yeah, money is money, even if it's just a little bit of profit, it doesn't bother me.

shady do you own any shares yourself?

i wouldn't really plan on buying the shares that are over $5, since i wont be getting that many shares out of it.

what would you recommend i invest the money in??

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I think you'll find most brokers will require you to buy a minimum amount of $500 worth of shares, + the brokerage fee on top of that... Your brokerage fees will cut into any profit that's made a fair bit, but it's good to actually buy a small parcel of shares and see how you react when it goes down a few cents and vice versa.

If you panic when you shares drop a few cents, how are you going to feel when you buy $5700 worth of shares to see the value drop to $4500 in a few days and go as low as $3600 before going back up to $4800 and then maybe eventually be worth more than $5700.

There's so much to learn about... fundamental analysis (look up Warren Buffet), Technical Anaylsis.. the emotions and psychology of trading, trading plans, etc.

Adrian.

HSC
I recently bought my first lot of shares (around $1000 worth). I bought them in a company that had just floated (Pipe Networks [pwk]). I knew a bit about the company because I kind of follow the broadband industry in Australia. I bought them for $0.475 and they are now $0.65 (35% increase in 1 1/2 months). I'm going to hold on to them though and collect the dividends.

*Note* This is not a stock tip, these could crash tomorow for all I know. If you buy them and you lose money don't blame me.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
all i know about shares is that after working 5 years at woolworths i get free woolies shares
wtf i use them 4 i have no idea

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
soha said:
all i know about shares is that after working 5 years at woolworths i get free woolies shares
wtf i use them 4 i have no idea
You won't accept interest on money you own, but you're happy to accept shares for free that could potentially give you capital gains? Weird...

tempco

HSC
Cyph said:
You won't accept interest on money you own, but you're happy to accept shares for free that could potentially give you capital gains? Weird...
or capital losses. that's why shares are acceptable in islam (afaik).

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ...
my parents invested 50k in "worldschool" @ $1 a share ... the price plummeted to $0.02 ... lol, i then bought $1000 worth of worldschool (now tribeca) shares at 0.05 and sold at 0.22 ... took my parents to school hehehe ... thats my best experience with shares ...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Cyph said:
in reguards to that
all i said is that the only thing i know about shares is that i get them after working for woolies for 5 years
i never said im happy to take them or use them...infact i have no idea what they are
so dont put words in my mouth
if they are infact against my beliefs then i wont take them..simple as that

funniboi

HSC
woolies shares are like 15-16bux each.

so if you get it it'll be a great investment.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i still dont understand the concept of shares
infact ive never really bothered learning
all i know is u buy and sell something u get money or u lose money
i think its a bit of a gamble

CrashOveride

HSC
How many shares or what's the aggregate value of shares Woolies give its employers after 5 years ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)