• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

She shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
Re: Guess she shouldn't have dressed like a slut I guess

well all i was arguing that what the cop said was *rational*. sure you can still get raped if you're wearing a head to toe burqa but to suggest that outfit has no bearing on it is stupid. giving victims a way to avert the risk of being raped isn't sexist or bigoted or whatever word you want to call it, it's just accepting reality and being a realist.

the world sucks, adapt.
but how do you know that clothes have anything to do with it?
"they" should do studies on rapists in jail. I'd read that.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

i dont know if its stupid to suggest that the outfit has no bearing

i think its more stupid to say that there is no chance at all that the outfit has no bearing

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

"they" should do studies on rapists in jail. I'd read that.
i was actually trying to think of a way to reasonably (ethically) test this hypothesis back there lol

any ideas?

kfnmpah

HSC

i was actually trying to think of a way to reasonably (ethically) test this hypothesis back there lol

any ideas?
brain scans. see which areas light up when shown differently dressed women?

edit: lol "ethically"

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

right but still nothing can be concluded that arousal would inspire an actual act of rape

most brains would light up with the more slutty women

Garygaz

HSC

i think logic is our best friend here. is a man going to be more sexually aroused when he sees a woman in a short skirt, suspenders and stilettos or in an ankle length skirt and a woolen jumper? (yes as if anyone is going to wear this unless they are a pensioner, whatever)

kfnmpah

HSC

right but still nothing can be concluded that arousal would inspire an actual act of rape

most brains would light up with the more slutty women
is the part where 'attractiveness' and whatever part of the brain that causes someone to rape the same, though?

boris

Banned
HSC

i dont think there are that many groups BLAMING victims

reasonable people like that canadian cop suggesting some things they can do to potentially reduce their chances of being raped (IN A REASONABLE WAY SHANE SO NO ABSURD ANALOGIES PLEASE) and this is what set them off
absurd analogies are my favourite though

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

lol

i hate all the posts ive made in this thread

im such a mean dickhead

boris

Banned
HSC

i think logic is our best friend here. is a man going to be more sexually aroused when he sees a woman in a short skirt, suspenders and stilettos or in an ankle length skirt and a woolen jumper? (yes as if anyone is going to wear this unless they are a pensioner, whatever)
this is assuming that sexual arousal is a trigger for rape

and im 99% certain that it isnt

boris

Banned
HSC

i am only 1% uncertain

kfnmpah

HSC

this is assuming that sexual arousal is a trigger for rape

and im 99% certain that it isnt
exactly what I said, m8. They'd have to be completely different parts of the brain.

Hence, brain scans r d answer.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

But what of the “evidence” gathered by feminists and other so-called social scientists in support of their rape-isn’t–about-sex hypothesis? Two psychology professors at the University of Texas in Austin, Del Thiessen and Robert Young, decided to take a look. Professors Thiessen and Young analyzed the bulk of this literature and reported their findings in a 1994 issue of the journal, Society. Their analysis of 1,610 abstracts of sexual coercion studies (with sexual coercion defined as rape, date rape, acquaintance rape, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, and incest) published between 1982 and 1992, revealed unscientific and politically biased studies. For instance, Thiessen and Young reported that only 10 percent of the studies they analyzed had sought to uncover the causes or motivations of sexual coercion, often because the “cause” (i.e., male oppression) had been assumed, though not proven. They also found that only 1.5 percent of the studies examined had even applied a statistical test to a research question. And, significant due to their near complete absence (.002 percent), were studies that addressed biological issues because, as the authors noted, biological theories are considered taboo in the feminist world because they call into question foundational, ideological tenets of feminism. Perhaps most tragic was Thiessen and Young’s observation that little or no progress had been made in understanding sexual coercion because of the unscientific nature of the overwhelming majority of studies in this area.

In a scathing summary of their analysis, Theissen and Young wrote “The possibility exists that feminist interests enforce the orientation of published studies … and reflects the political perspectives of its advocates. … There is a near-total disregard for rigorous testing of hypotheses, quantification of data and possible biological mechanisms. Many studies appear anti-scientific in conception, execution, and interpretation. … But in the politicized arena of ‘women’s issues,’ social expressions are valued beyond scientific progress.”
(dont treat this as anything more to arouse discussion please)

im going to see if i can track down the primary article

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad

BoS research crew gotta get to the bottom of this one way or another.

Maybe it's one or the other or both depending on the situation / mentality of the perpetrator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)