Shocking Question (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Question 15 2002 HSC paper

A senior manager within an executive team disagrees strongly with other senior managers over current marketting policies. The CEO of this business interprets this opposing views as disloyalty.

What Perspective on conflict does the CEO have?

a) Behavioral
b) Pluralist
c) Radical
d) Unitary

i got "c" as he clearly has a radical view. THE ANSWER IS D ....... HOW THE HECK IS THE ANSWER D ...........................................................................................................................................

samuel slack

HSC
Woah???!!! Wth? That's crazy. I'm with you man, on first read thats gotta be c)... the question in itself is stupid... how do we know what perspective he has anyway? He could have a pluralist view of conflict for all we know... If i get a question like this I will not be happy.

el gwapo

HSC
multiple choice business studies is a lottery. sometimes you get two answers which in a short question you could probably get the marks. 17 for multiple choice for me is pretty good.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
easy question

D

unitary perspective sees dispute/conflict as disloyalty to the business. done

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
how is it Unitary...
a manger disagrees with a strategy and this is immediately regarded as DISLOYALTY..... this is clearly a radical perspective

samuel slack

HSC
I, for some reason, thought unitary was where the employee/employers both realised that conflict would occur, and did their best to prevent it... radical is where they believe conflict is inevitable and pluralist is where they believe that conflict doesn't or cannot occur... Am i right???? on the right track?? I'm gonna go study this now...

williamc

HSC
It's obviously radical, where the "us vs them" theory applies. Business Studies multiple choice is a deadset joke. I've actually noticed a few other dodgy multiple choice in the past few years.

But D is also right??

Last edited:

Lani89

HSC
williamc said:
It's obviously radical, where the "us vs them" theory applies. Business Studies multiple choice is a deadset joke. I've actually noticed a few other dodgy multiple choice in the past few years.

But D is also right??
No you are wrong. If you read the question properly you would have realised that they are all managers. It is not "us vs them" because in this case the dispute is not between employers and empolyees. They should have the same interests thus the disagreement is recognised as showing disloyalty thus being unitary perspective.

To end this once and for all this is the first sentence under Unitary Perspective in the Cambridge Textbook:
"The unitary perspective on conflict holds the view that conflict within an organisation occurs due to staff showing disloyalty towards the organisation".

Honestly the word "disloyalty" should be an instant trigger so obviously you haven't studied enough. Have a cry, get over it, full stop.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Lani89 said:
Honestly the word "disloyalty" should be an instant trigger so obviously you haven't studied enough. Have a cry, get over it, full stop.
if this is true then "william c" is right..... its a deadset joke........ wtf.? then that means unitary and radical overlap which is bullshit.....

hahahahahah "havent studyed enough" get fucked .......................... its not my fault multiple choice is riddled with stupid answers.

Lani89

HSC
wrxsti said:
if this is true then "william c" is right..... its a deadset joke........ wtf.? then that means unitary and radical overlap which is bullshit.....

hahahahahah "havent studyed enough" get fucked .......................... its not my fault multiple choice is riddled with stupid answers.
Did I ever say it was your fault?
The main idea of radical perspective is that conflict is inevitable. It is not about disloyalty. The whole point in this question is the perspective of the CEO and how he interprets the conflict. The question is clearly asking for his perspective identifies that the conflict is as a result of disloyalty on the senior manager's part because they are not sharing the goals of the rest of the business, thus being unitary. These are perspectives meaning that each stakeholder will have a different point of view including the senior manager who disagrees with his team. It is not asking you for an objective viewpoint or the truth.
Next time read the question properly and wrxsti don't use that foul language at someone who has been studying hard and can actually answer the question correctly.

williamc

HSC
Lani89 said:
LOL relax, and yes i havn't studied, but seeing as im a deadset genious, you're no chance of beating me in the HSC.

BTW: couldn't agree anymore with you wrxsti, you should have done eco, no dodgy MC.

looie

HSC
Yes it is D. I suck at business studies but I must have been paying attention at the IC bit coz I remember what Unitary and Radical etc.. are.

samuel slack

HSC
Well. I'm still gonna say thats a mean freakin question. But i can see where the answer has come from... *gets back to study*

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Without Wings said:
There's no need to attack each other over a difference of opinion on an answer.

wrxsti: don't bother asking a question if you aren't willing to consider others perspectives.
lol. if you read what i wrote clearly... i "attacked" her when she said "you didnt study enough"

williams180

HSC
wrxsti said:
Question 15 2002 HSC paper

A senior manager within an executive team disagrees strongly with other senior managers over current marketting policies. The CEO of this business interprets this opposing views as disloyalty.

What Perspective on conflict does the CEO have?

a) Behavioral
b) Pluralist
c) Radical
d) Unitary

i got "c" as he clearly has a radical view. THE ANSWER IS D ....... HOW THE HECK IS THE ANSWER D ................................................................................................................................ ...........
are u all retarded. Key word disloyalty. Unitary they see everyone as a unit and conflict as bad and disloyal. its in the book so go study
I will admit business studies is a joke. Multiple choices are subtle and extremely poorly worded each year. Whoever writes them has got no idea. Anyways study hard and get that band 6 i know i will.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
williams180 said:
are u all retarded. Key word disloyalty. Unitary they see everyone as a unit and conflict as bad and disloyal. its in the book so go study
I will admit business studies is a joke. Multiple choices are subtle and extremely poorly worded each year. Whoever writes them has got no idea. Anyways study hard and get that band 6 i know i will.
co-incidentally i actually researched it as well............................ and i once again believe its radical............................ ..
guess we can sleep tight knowing that since its been asked before.. it wont be asked again....

(how my luck is going lately it will be in questions 1 through 10)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)