Short Story Ideas (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
i hate how teachers are like "don't write about teen angst! write about things you know about" my whole life is teen angst omg what can you expect i'm a teenager

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Write what you know basically means find that element of truth. And you can inject that into a story that isn't necessarily your own. That whiff of cigarettes and cough medicine as you remember your grandfather, the nail you caught your jump on, the tree with the limb just inches out of reach. It's those factors that really make a story.

madditrev

HSC
i hate how teachers are like "don't write about teen angst! write about things you know about" my whole life is teen angst omg what can you expect i'm a teenager
my teacher loves to lecture us about this subject. like seriously, it's hard enough to come up with something to actually write a good narrative on without all the restrictions.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
consider being a 40 year old marker reading about teenage angst for the a millionth time though
shit gets boring haha

write something thats genuinely interesting (can be a bit angsty but don't let that override your plot/feels) (edit: i know this is extremely difficult i wrote about 5 creative drafts for belonging and man that was tough)

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
An astronaut misses the companionship of the training facilities girl, and the longing to be with her conflicts with his dreams of space travel.
almost this

PS Gattaca

A child grows out of her favourite pair of boots, and has to decide whether to pass them to another child.
This was my personal favourite.

Talk about under-appreciated talent right here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)