Short-term MEMORY LOSS (1 Viewer)

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
Recently, I've found myself having a lot of trouble remembering what I did yesterday or even the day before. When I look into my weekly calendar and see what I did, it seems like what I did yesterday was a week ago. Which is starting to scare me, because I never used to have this problem.
I have no problems in exams or studying. It's just I don't remember anything I did yesterday or what I ate, or where I went and anything I do remember is very foggy.

Does anyone else have this problem? or anyone who does?

I don't really want to see my doctor since these symptoms seem so trivial, and I prefer avoiding antibiotics.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
just go and see a doctor and put your mind at ease. ffs sif you would take any adviser of a b0s-er anyway.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
im not looking for advice per se; just seeing if it's common.

I'm suspecting its some symptom to exam stress, lack of sleep and anxiety.
And I predict my doctor will just offer me antibiodics to get me out of his office.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Get better sleep. Studies have shown that those who sleep more are more able to recall what happened. Or it could easily b that u need a break...

Or maybe get Nintendo Brain Training... YEH!!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Short-term MEMORY LOSS

GreenLeaf said:
Recently, I've found myself having a lot of trouble remembering what I did yesterday or even the day before. When I look into my weekly calendar and see what I did, it seems like what I did yesterday was a week ago. Which is starting to scare me, because I never used to have this problem.
I have no problems in exams or studying. It's just I don't remember anything I did yesterday or what I ate, or where I went and anything I do remember is very foggy.

I don't really want to see my doctor since these symptoms seem so trivial, and I prefer avoiding antibiotics.
I also have a short-term memory loss which severely impacts my learning.
It takes multiple repetitions before I remotely have any idea what I am learning.
This is why I'm restricted to study anything that hasn't got to do with memorisation.
You will be more likely to forget something if it is insignificant.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Heh I always had poor short-term memory.

It makes some things very difficult, e.g. situations where you have to consider more than 2 tasks at a time. Its very annoying forgetting where I put something 20 secs ago.

On the other hand, I have nearly photographic recollection of some events that happened years ago. Once I learn something well, it tends to stick around.

Probably something to do with playing with lead as a kid. :rolleyes:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
GreenLeaf said:

This is a bit worrying, its probably nothing but stress or lack of sleep as others have said, but the very best thing you can do is see a doctor. Don't be embarrassed by how trivial the symptoms seem, if you think there is something wrong, its better to be safe than sorry and doctors understand that.

AnandDNA

HSC
Yeh i have been facing similar problems recently too lol. On monday i cant remember at all what i did on friday and sometimes when i go upstairs to do sumthing i walk into a room and dont remember what i was meant to do. It takes like 30 secs before i realise what i was meant to do and then go do it.

HalcyonSky

HSC
GreenLeaf said:

this is normal, forgetting useless info like what you ate 2 days ago is part of a healthy memory. If you're not retaining things you actually try to remember, then id see a doctor

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Short-term MEMORY LOSS

Forbidden. said:
I also have a short-term memory loss which severely impacts my learning.
It takes multiple repetitions before I remotely have any idea what I am learning.
This is why I'm restricted to study anything that hasn't got to do with memorisation.
You will be more likely to forget something if it is insignificant.
Im exactly like you. Memorising shit takes AGES. Plus ive got awful perception. I look but dont see. hear but dont listen. talk but dont speak. Yeah.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
So long as you can remember -your name
-where you live
- what year it is
- who's prime minister

You're probably going to be okay.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Graney said:
So long as you can remember -your name
-where you live
- what year it is
- who's prime minister

You're probably going to be okay.
lol, That makes me feel better.

I know i live in Australia..... somewhere :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)