Should Australia leave Afghanistan? (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
On March 11, 2005, Al-Quds Al-Arabi published extracts from Saif al-Adel's document "Al Quaeda's Strategy to the Year 2020".[40][41] Abdel Bari Atwan summarizes this strategy as comprising five stages:

1. Provoke the United States into invading a Muslim country.

2. Incite local resistance to occupying forces.

3. Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. in a long war of attrition.

4. Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the 7 July 2005 London bombings.

5. The U.S. economy will finally collapse under the strain of too many engagements in too many places, similarly to the Soviet war in Afghanistan, Arab regimes supported by the U.S. will collapse, and a Wahhabi Caliphate will be installed across the region.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
somewhat smart thinking on their behalf.

Personally, I see no reason to be there, so i say lets get out.

However i do believe all wars are pretty stupid and a waste of money (even though war can benefit economies)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL how could it benefit our economies??? Look at USA for instance.. they're in so much debt due to spending ridiculous amounts of funds on all those wars in afghanistan , iraq... and etc.. .. Also they've lost thousands of troopps... Being the "police" of the world isn't going to benefit anyone...
Peace comes at a huge cost financially + with the cost of soldiers and civilians. Our military doesn't need to be in afghanistan.. its not benefitting us at all.... and pretty much our progress there isn't good also.... we're losing lives and spending a hell amount on defence spending towards it. we've lost around 160 troops from afghanistan alone and those insurgents are going to keep killing more and more (department of defence website). EXITTT AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
We dont have many ppl there, it's kind of pointless staying there, imo slowly take them out over the next yr

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Leave the soldiers there, do nothing and let's forget about them.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
LOL how could it benefit our economies??? Look at USA for instance.. they're in so much debt due to spending ridiculous amounts of funds on all those wars in afghanistan , iraq... and etc.. .. Also they've lost thousands of troopps... Being the "police" of the world isn't going to benefit anyone...
Peace comes at a huge cost financially + with the cost of soldiers and civilians. Our military doesn't need to be in afghanistan.. its not benefitting us at all.... and pretty much our progress there isn't good also.... we're losing lives and spending a hell amount on defence spending towards it. we've lost around 160 troops from afghanistan alone and those insurgents are going to keep killing more and more (department of defence website). EXITTT AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
um we have lost like 27

twistedrebel

HSC
the coalition aint going to win afghanistan, just leave or and save some $$$$,

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
In many recent cases war has merely benefited a select few, although as a society we are led to believe there is some sort of universal benefit. Of course that is not to say that some wars are not without merit, but in the cases of Iraq and Afghanistan nobody besides the defense and oil industries (among a few more) really reaped any sort of benefit.

Both are absolutely shit excuses for war, where no real enemy was being fought. We have a lot of things in this country that need improving and it pisses me off that we sent soldiers to fly half way across the world to put our money in the bin.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
i dont really care how many soldiers die or how long we are there

taxpayers voted for a party whos policy was to keep on killin so they obviously wanted their money being spent on this endevour so whatevs

i have a ~$4k stake in australias tax expenditure so i do have personal interest in this but my money is going to be stolen anyawy so who cares

twistedrebel

HSC
defence takes up 30$ billion per year, sounds good lolsmith. We'd be debt free in 5 years.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
um we are supposed to be back into surplus next year

spend more get more submarines

so many submarines

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
women are going to be in infantry battalions in afghanistan by 2012

*no women are going to pass the combat fitness test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)