• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia? (2 Viewers)

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia?

• Total voters

Big Boss

Banned
HSC
N/A
The reason why many innocent people perish in warzones is because they do not have the ability or training to survive, just like you people.

Like I have said, conscription is the only way to build up someone's ability to fight and survive if they cannot do so by themself.
Modern Australia needs to be ready to fight and defend itself whenever and where ever the threat is be it terrorism or an invasion.
It isn't that difficult for civilians to receive training in protecting themselves against nuclear, biological or chemical warfare.
Those who disagree will be gone first.
Obviously that little girl who posted would only survive if she is taken advantage of sexually.

This shit is going too fast for me to follow, I'm bailing.

I support it:

1. Because we're a fucking pussy nation atm, and it's 'bout time we got some conquering done.

2. Cause we're fat shits and it'd be a perfect solution to the obesity epidemic

3. Give all those lebos something productive to do.
This gentleman right here fully understands what I am trying to convey.

When a country loses their military, they are easily taken advantage of.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Like I have said, conscription is the only way to build up someone's ability to fight and survive if they cannot do so by themself.
civillians don't need to be able to fight, that's what the army is for. In modern warfare, you're only going to stand a chance at defending yourself if you have high quality (military level) weapons to defend yourself with. And giving civillians a bunch of high quality weapons is clearly not a good idea.

It isn't that difficult for civilians to receive training in protecting themselves against nuclear, biological or chemical warfare.
How the fuck do you protect against being attacked by nukes?

When a country loses their military, they are easily taken advantage of.
Why the fuck are you idiots acting like we're "losing our military". Recruitment is actually currently higher than it has been for quite some time. And if shit ever got bad enough as to require more troops, that's what we're allies with America for.

If you really what more people to join the army, then make the military more attractive, increase the pay, do what needs to be done to make people join. But forcing people to fight the government's wars is a gross violation of human rights and is fucking evil.

1. Because we're a fucking pussy nation atm, and it's 'bout time we got some conquering done.
Um, no. The less shit stirring we do, the less of an army we need. The less of an army we need, the more resources we can use to make Australia less of a shit hole.
2. Cause we're fat shits and it'd be a perfect solution to the obesity epidemic
1. People should the right to eb fat shits (but not to mooch of medicare for their medical expenses, but that's anotehr story).
2. Military training would give said fat shits heart attacks and generally make their health worse.

3. Give all those lebos something productive to do.
I hate those "unproductive lebs" as much as anyone, but they deserve the right not to be forced to risk their lives in the army.

Last edited:

Venetiad

HSC
Freedom of Choice please.

Values are changing, so is world. Older people are just going to need to accept that, I'm sure their parents had to accept change in the community when they were at this point.

Besides, Conscription could seriously damage family, relationships etc. etc.

Finally, it will never be reimplimented UNLESS NECESSARY (which means more than just for values, and more like "Australia is being threatened by a foreign entitity"), why? Any Government party which suggests it, will have the Opposition going against conscription. Which party do you think all the younger generations will be voting for? I'm pretty sure they value their freedom over serving the country. Like you said, we're a greedy bla bla bla bunch.

chocolatemilk

HSC
Freedom of Choice please.
Look where freedom of choice got us. Dying young from choosing to maintain unhealthy lives saturated with fat, alcohol and ignorance.

Maybe military conscription is the kick in the arse Gen Y needs.

walkahz

HSC
Does anyone actually have a choice where they are born?

By what criteria can we judge "deservingness" over a drifting landmass at specific point in universal time?

At one point we tried race, that failed. What is your answer? The degree of nationalism- something I view as a frivilous illusion. Oh cause we see how great overt nationalism has worked through history- "I killed X amount of people of country Y, I'm so much more deserving of country Z status"
No you cant choose where you are born but if you dont like where you are FUCKING MOVE!!!! If you hate australia then fuck off to some other shithole. I highly doubt you will find a better country to live in.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
no you cant choose where you are born but if you dont like where you are fucking move!!!! If you hate australia then fuck off to some other shithole. I highly doubt you will find a better country to live in.
dfhdjkshf hjskdhfsjkdf sdf jhkshdf
BBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
No you cant choose where you are born but if you dont like where you are FUCKING MOVE!!!!
You can't jsut change countries. There's this WHOLE PROCESS, and there's lots of paperwork, and it's too expensive for most people...its a hassle, really.

If you hate australia then fuck off to some other shithole. I highly doubt you will find a better country to live in.
Oh so you're admitting that Australia is a shithole? Nice job.

Look where freedom of choice got us. Dying young from choosing to maintain unhealthy lives saturated with fat, alcohol and ignorance.
That's their fucking right, you stupid douchebag.

E

Empyrean444

If you support conscription, enlist or shut up. Once you are in the armed forces, then there might at least be some credence in arguing that people should be forced to fight (and even then, there would be still little strength to the argument).

HSC

Maybe military conscription is the kick in the arse Gen Y needs.
hahahahah yeah because dying young after being shot through the stomach with a .308 fmj and slowly bleeding to death while holding your own guts in after being forced to go to war is heaps better

you fucking piece of scum

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I am p sure that any relative of mine that served and survived or died in the war did so, so that his future generations would not have to.

If you ask any able minded ex serviceman, especially Vietnam vets, whether they believe in conscription, you're facing a resounding no imo. This is just a ploy by silly children who think that forced military service is the answer to todays societal problems.

It's not so stfu.

chocolatemilk

HSC
hahahahah yeah because dying young after being shot through the stomach with a .308 fmj and slowly bleeding to death while holding your own guts in after being forced to go to war is heaps better

you fucking piece of scum
My dad's an officer, and he's been in for 35 years. He's been a peacekeeper and has ultimately helped more people than you ever will in your lifetime as a result.

We're not a nation of war-mongers, so why do you assume that everyone's going to get mowed down? I'm quite intent on growing a spine myself and if you can't cope, the fact is that you don't have to enlist. Exemption on moral grounds, burn your card, become a hippy.

Last edited:
HSC
Please explain how that has any relevance you fuckchop.

He volunteered didnt he. He might even be a top bloke. You aren't your father, you are nothing.

chocolatemilk

HSC
Please explain how that has any relevance you fuckchop.

He volunteered didnt he. He might even be a top bloke. You aren't your father, you are nothing.
I never said I was. Wether he's a great bloke or not isn't the point. The point is that I think everyone would gain valuable skills from enlisting via conscription. It's not like there's any real risk involved in the ADF, honestly. Top units are sent, not chocos. It's just about showing young people what's real instead of allowing them to retreat into the comfortable world they create for themselves.

Woteva636

HSC
i can see the benefits of having conscription these days, or at least compulsory military training after high school, heaps of ppl take a gap year anyway. the military exisists to protect Australia and our allies in the event of a conflict in any part of the world, but they aren't going to send you to iraq or afgahnastan if you can't fire a rifle; they don't want to have to write to your family and tell them youre dead, then have to go to the expense of bringing your body home and giving you a funeral, i mean come on.
military training would be benificial in many ways, including fighting obesity and instilling some discipline and/or maturity in the ppl coming out of school, it would do a lot of good. plus, heaps of other countries have it eg isreal, and theres nothing half-arsed about Isreal's military (or intelegence gathering oragnisation, read Mossad, although thats another story)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)