Should I bother? (1 Viewer)

panicatthehsc

HSC
Hey guys,

At the start of yr 11 I was doing Mathematics but due to missing lots of school (long story) I had to drop down to General. However, other than English it's the only subject I really can't concentrate in and am not interested in. My mum would have a heart attack if I dropped and I'm on 12 units and don't really want to go to 10. There are so many pros and cons to me dropping. I really don't know what to do.

My subjects right now are -

French Continuers
French Extension
Advanced English
General Mathematics
Visual Arts
Modern History
Studies of Religion I

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are confident with 10 units, drop maths. There is no keeping a subject you're not interested in. **Cough** Biology **Cough** :haha:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
French Continuers(2 unit)
French Extension ( 1 unit)
Advanced English (2 unit)
General Mathematics (2 unit)
Visual Arts ( 2 unit)
Modern History ( 2 unit)
Studies of Religion I ( 1 unit))

Without maths units =2+2+2+1+1+2=10

Kat92

HSC
The ATAR is based on an aggregate of scaled marks in
10 units of ATAR courses comprising:
- the best two units of English
- the best eight of the remaining units, which can include up to two units of Category B courses.

Personally, I would keep General Maths in case you really bomb out in one of your other subjects (although if you say its boring- just do the bare minimum to avoid failing/N awards). Plus, if you are planning to go to uni some courses require General maths or a band 4 level minimum. However, in saying that at the end of the day it's your decision- perhaps talk with your parents, year advisor and careers person as they may be able to help give some guidance for your career/job prospects.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)