• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i do eng ext 2 next yr ?? (1 Viewer)

b3linda!

HSC
i was wondering if english extension 2 would be hard to manage especially if i do textiles and i have to hand in a major work aswell

and is having 8 subjects and 13 units a lot???

tku336

HSC
an english extension 2 major work isnt that hard to do, as long as you prepare early and do most of the work before you have to start studying for trials .

although it will entail a lot of work in 3 unit english.

and i do 8 subjects and 13 units, and its FINE.

LordPc

HSC
i was wondering if english extension 2 would be hard to manage especially if i do textiles and i have to hand in a major work aswell

and is having 8 subjects and 13 units a lot???
EE2 is just like having a constant assignment. you can work on it alot and do well or work on it very little, or just in the final week and not do as well. (you cant do your EE2 MW the day before. its several thousand words. you couldnt write that much in one night even if you tried)

my advice would be to take it and keep it until january of the next year. if you have found that you have done nothing in EE2, then you can drop it without harm. but give it a go, its really nice once you have finished and handed everything in

an english extension 2 major work isnt that hard to do, as long as you prepare early and do most of the work before you have to start studying for trials .

although it will entail a lot of work in 3 unit english.

and i do 8 subjects and 13 units, and its FINE.
hehe. you should bookmark this page so that you can come back after the hsc and edit your post ;)

tku336

HSC
well i suppose if your doing an essay or such it would be hard. but a short story, at least to me, is actually fun to write. and as such, doesnt require much forced effort to do.

LordPc

HSC
well i suppose if your doing an essay or such it would be hard. but a short story, at least to me, is actually fun to write. and as such, doesnt require much forced effort to do.
actually not quite. yes doing a critical requires much more research, and a little less writing. but a short story still requires a heck of a lot of research. you have to research form, audience, style, and stuff like this. then you need to develop a concept and research into that so that you can build a story around it. you need to build characters and settings and such.

its not like an english advanced creative writing. you have to research and plan out every single aspect of a story. just writing something from memory cannot give you good marks, period.

tku336

HSC
... OR you can write a story, then appropriate every other assessment component such as reasons for form, style, intended audience ect around your story?

it seems to be doing the job here at grammar, because thats what the teachers pretty much expect you to do.

dp624

HSC
i think it's a lot of work; if you don't like it it'll be a really hard chore. however, if you really get into it, i think you'll not only do well, but you'll love it too

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
13 units is a fair bit of workload but it's not at all impossible.

However, you will have to have some really great time management skills...if you don't...oh well

LordPc

HSC
... OR you can write a story, then appropriate every other assessment component such as reasons for form, style, intended audience ect around your story?

it seems to be doing the job here at grammar, because thats what the teachers pretty much expect you to do.
ok. you try that 'no research' approach.

then I'd like to see just what exactly you write in your RS afterwards

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)