should i do ext 2!?!?! (1 Viewer)

eliseliselise

HSC
aloha,

i'm in year 10 at the moment, but i am doing year 11 ext 1 maths, and i'm not sure as to what path to take for my mathematical life next year. my avg 2 unit mark is circa 92% and 3 unit 88%. i have been given 2 options, i can do ext 2 next year and if i flunk it, i can do it again when i'm in year 12, or i can do the 3 unit hsc next year and then do the final ext 2 unit in year 12.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks for your time!!!

elise

squiRtle2006

HSC
you should so do 4u!.. lol.. man i wish i had 2 chances at 4u.. heheh good luck though =D.. hehe buh u're prob really smart so u won't need it.. hehe... so yeah =D

Zephyrio

HSC
Wow, you're doing really well! Keep it up.

With those marks, you will probably be an E4er for ext 2 maths. :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Do 4u. Even if you were getting 80%. I'd highly recommend doing 4u.

iEdd

HSC
I have a question or two for this, and sorry if it's already been asked before (it's too hard to search for it):

#1. If someone goes through maths normally (ie, does year 12 in year 12), and does E1 and E2 maths, I noticed they don't do the standard mathematics paper in the HSC. I also know that it's all assumed knowledge. Does that mean you only do 2 units of maths (1 unit for Ext 1 and 1 unit for Ext 2)? OR, if it does count for 4 units, how do they know what mark to give you in your 2 units of standard mathematics if you do no assessments or exams for it? I'd assume they would give you a mark depending how well you did in Ext1 & 2 and estimate.

#2. If you are accelerated and do your HSC exams for 2u maths and Ext 1 maths in year 11, then pick up Ext. 2 for when you are really in year 12, that means you have done the Mathematics HSC course, which usually extension 2 people don't do. How would you really be ranked against them if you did the Maths exam? Is it disregarded because you did extension later?

EDIT: This forum clock is ######. It's 8:20AM, but it says I made this post at 4:20PM today.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
1/ If you do extension 1 and 2 maths, then that will count as a total of 4 units, with extension 1 and extension 2 maths both worth 2 units each. They ignore 2 unit mathematics.

2/ They will disregard your 2 unit mark and instead only count your extension 1 and 2 maths marks. You will be scaled amongest them accordingly, without any indication that you already have done 2 units maths, as they have totally disregarded this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)