Should I do this? (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
A while ago, I asked about changing electives for Modern History (Conflict in Indochina to Conflict in Europe).

Now, my Modern History teacher is just lazy - he reads from the textbook and we just highlight as we go on. Anyone can do this.
I have a tutor for Modern History, who is way better than my teacher and actually really helps me with everything - he studied Conflict in Europe - so I was thinking if I should make the change from Indochina to Europe. He can also give me essay scaffolds.

Only problem is making the notes for both (I'll do Europe for the HSC, whilst I do Indochina at school), and I have an assignment for Conflict in Indochina later this year.
Should I make the switch? I really don't need my teacher, he's terrible. He won't let me switch, so there's no point in asking him.

buriza

conviction
HSC
A while ago, I asked about changing electives for Modern History (Conflict in Indochina to Conflict in Europe).

Now, my Modern History teacher is just lazy - he reads from the textbook and we just highlight as we go on. Anyone can do this.
I have a tutor for Modern History, who is way better than my teacher and actually really helps me with everything - he studied Conflict in Europe - so I was thinking if I should make the change from Indochina to Europe. He can also give me essay scaffolds.

Only problem is making the notes for both (I'll do Europe for the HSC, whilst I do Indochina at school), and I have an assignment for Conflict in Indochina later this year.
Should I make the switch? I really don't need my teacher, he's terrible. He won't let me switch, so there's no point in asking him.
It depends on whether or not you think you are capable of studying for both areas. As you said, you have an assignment for Conflict in Indochina later this year and you will have to consider your trial as well (unless this is what you mean by your later assignment).

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I really don't need my teacher for Modern History.
you kind of do...you need to do well internally if you also want to do well externally. i suggest focussing on getting internals right and as a side, get your tutor to help you with the option topics?

or talk to another teacher about it

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a possible higher up you could talk to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)