Should i drop bio? (1 Viewer)

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
As said before, keep bio until the start of yr 12 at least. Content wise, bio is really intensive. Chemistry can be learnt, but bio is more just memorising, memorising and yet more memorising. It's the most boring subject I have (including english which I eat and sleep in). But if you actually study = top marks in HSC. So whilst I probably will drop it (cause me =/= study), I suggest you should go on, at least until you get your half-yearly report and see how you did.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
You stalk his posts looking for any reason to attack :p
Not that hard. Most of his posts are like that. But I defend him when someone else makes an even more ridiculous statement.

maccasjunkie

HSC
If ur not happy in the subject then i would probably drop it, but see what the year 12 course is like and at the end of 08 evaluate how u feel about it

11kloseboy

HSC
N/A
If you don't like the subject drop it, the preliminary course is really boring all about ecosystems and australian biota. You don't learn the stuff that'll help you get a job in the medicane field. Which i had to find out this year. I prefer Chemistry over Biology anyday.

TurkStyle

HSC
how much scaling difference is their between physics and business studies?

i checked b4 and it was like nothing

brigittaaa

HSC
noo trust me dont drop it
i droped it last yr now im in yr 12 n i wish i still did it
i didnt liek bio it was borinn i didnt do much work but hey i passd n i was in was in top half on class nowwwwww i regret it sooo mch cause im almost failin other subjects n bios alryt n scales good plus i needed atleast 1 sciene to get into this course n i dont have 1 so i stronglyy recomend u keep it from experience:karate: lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TurkStyle said:
how much scaling difference is their between physics and business studies?

i checked b4 and it was like nothing
Quite significant actually. The difference between Physics and Business Studies in terms of scaling would be similar to the difference between the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1.

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
I'm the opposite. Biology has way more content to memorise in comparison to Chemistry.
Correct , Chemistry relies on understand. You cannot pass Chemistry with out. In biology , you can learn the whole book , and get a full mark and not understand what has been given to you.

Chemistry is like math, you cant learn every formula and every equation , you have to know how to do them and then apply it. Exact same thing with chemistry. Thought i dont disgard the fact that Chemistry has some learning , it does. But no where near as much as Biology.

Most Chemistry teachers that ive seen are not that well. If you have a good Chemistry teacher , expect a high mark. I had one overseas she made the whole class get a fail mark , they sacked her and brang head teacher. I got a high mark in the final exam :santa:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
osamaelias said:
I had one overseas she made the whole class get a fail mark , they sacked her and brang head teacher. I got a high mark in the final exam
For your sake, I hope they sack your English teacher too. :p
Just kidding. :D

But yeah, I agree with Osamaelias - Chemistry teachers need to be good - and that can be the difference between enjoying and not enjoying the subject.

L

lsam

Aerath said:
For your sake, I hope they sack your English teacher too. :p
Just kidding. :D

But yeah, I agree with Osamaelias - Chemistry teachers need to be good - and that can be the difference between enjoying and not enjoying the subject.
What was he going to say anyway?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hmm I'd keep biology... because thats probably your best scaling subject (either that or advanced english), however that's because you said you weren't failing it.

If you think you're not doing as well in it, then drop it. Better if you ace the average subjects, then struggle in a better scaled subject.

bored of sc

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
if you want to drop bio, then drop it.
well put, that states in black and white: seriously and to be brutally honest and frank with you; the final decision should be yours 100% - sure people might give you pointers about God knows what (scaling, difficulty, amount of work, complexity of concepts and whether it all prepares you for future life) but when it comes down to it - if you feel the strong inclining to go one way or another - go that way!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)