should i drop down from 2unit maths to general? (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
ive thought about it now and ill pribably stay in 2 unit and work my ass off does anyone know what is the average uai to get into university.
What university? The range is insane.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ASK YOUR TEACHER!!!
See what they recommend. They know you, we don't.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
stay in 2 unit and study your ass off like there's no tomorrow! there's honestly no point in general. Its really the same amount of work just they give you a formula sheet in the exam + it's more solving questions that have problem solving 4 - 5 lines of text long + multiple choice. 2 unit maths has shorter questions, however requires more skill or "independent knowledge" as their is no formula sheet. TBH the first section of 2unit maths (year 11 content) looks like fairly easy stuff. It's only 20% of yr 11 stuff in 2 unit and 30% yr 11 stuff for gen. so i don't think you would be fond of grabbing a yr 11 and 12 maths gen books and still studying your ass off. so you may as well just stay 2 unit and study hard.

PS: why do people call it 2 unit? both maths courses are 2 unit. It's mathematics or general mathematics.

Kralex

HSC
I dropped down to general and it was the best thing I ever did. Would have received a band 3 in 2unit but instead received a band 6 in general maths with minimal effort. Shit I barely studied for the HSC test lol.

edit:

I dropped at the end of year 11 though plus I had a graphics calculator which basically does everything for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)