Should I drop Legal? (1 Viewer)

katehillton2143

HSC
Hey I would love some advice.
I still have 12 units and It has been recommended that I drop 2 units and have 10 units.
I am contemplating dropping PE or Legal. I love legal but have never done well in the subject. I absolutely hate PE and it is boring but seem to do better in it then PE, so I am very conflicted. Any advice would be awesome Thanks...x

hschelper01

HSC
Hi!

This seems like an interesting piece of advice. Before you act on the advice you were given, I'd consider it carefully. Do you really want to lose a subject? Having extra units has lots of benefits, most obvious of which is the fact that it offers an extra chance to improve your end result. Don't drop one unless you are seriously, definitely struggling with the workload. Even if your results aren't quite where you want them to be, unless you are stressed with the amount of work you have (as in, you are using the maximum amount of time you can spend on homework a week and not getting everything done), don't drop a subject. It isn't necessarily a solution.

All this said, let's say you are dropping. Your quote:

I love legal... I absolutely hate PE and it is boring...

This should be your decision done in my opinion. Results will ultimately tend towards what you enjoy; if you love Legal and work hard, your results will improve and you will do well. If you drop Legal, then not only have you lost a subject you love, you then have more pressure to perform in a subject you hate... Gross :( :(

I don't know everything about your situation, so you should ultimately make the call, but I think to go with the subject you love. Your results and sanity will thank me :biglaugh::biglaugh:. Sure, your results may not be great, but that can be worked on with time. You can train yourself and improve in a subject, but you can't force yourself to enjoy it :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are coping with 12 units and doing well in all subjects then I would recommend that you keep the 12 units.

Are you aiming to maximise your ATAR? What is your goal with respect to HSC?

katehillton2143

HSC
If you are coping with 12 units and doing well in all subjects then I would recommend that you keep the 12 units.

Are you aiming to maximise your ATAR? What is your goal with respect to HSC?
Hi!

This seems like an interesting piece of advice. Before you act on the advice you were given, I'd consider it carefully. Do you really want to lose a subject? Having extra units has lots of benefits, most obvious of which is the fact that it offers an extra chance to improve your end result. Don't drop one unless you are seriously, definitely struggling with the workload. Even if your results aren't quite where you want them to be, unless you are stressed with the amount of work you have (as in, you are using the maximum amount of time you can spend on homework a week and not getting everything done), don't drop a subject. It isn't necessarily a solution.

All this said, let's say you are dropping. Your quote:

I love legal... I absolutely hate PE and it is boring...

This should be your decision done in my opinion. Results will ultimately tend towards what you enjoy; if you love Legal and work hard, your results will improve and you will do well. If you drop Legal, then not only have you lost a subject you love, you then have more pressure to perform in a subject you hate... Gross :( :(

I don't know everything about your situation, so you should ultimately make the call, but I think to go with the subject you love. Your results and sanity will thank me :biglaugh::biglaugh:. Sure, your results may not be great, but that can be worked on with time. You can train yourself and improve in a subject, but you can't force yourself to enjoy it :)
Thankyou!! Yeah I was looking to maximise my ATAR (95+) - it's probably a good idea to keep both...

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Whenever I ask about dropping a subject I always get asked whether I enjoy the subject or not. My friend did great in Pdhpe but absolutely hated it so she decided to drop it and it was up to her how she would utilise her free time. She utilised it very well and ended up improving in a couple of subjects. Then again I'm a firm believer of doing subjects you're interested in, but if you have the motivation to put hard work in both subjects then keep going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)