Should I drop Maths Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
The simple prinicipal is that up until the school submits your internal rankings and marks its every person for themselves. Afterwards your year group works as a team.

samantha_s

HSC
Is it true that in a class, lower ranked people will drag the marks of those higher above them, down... whilst the higher ranked people will pull the marks of below them, up (to even things up)? Not really related to the thread topic, but these are some things I've been wondering. That's what everyone in my classes are saying, but I don't know whether to believe it or not... I mean it's not really fair is it?

samantha_s

HSC
I was browsing the forums and I saw this

Riddles said:
put it this way. if u do any extension courses and flunk them, ur uai goes down by shitloads
Is this true? I think regardless of the answer I am leaning to the "drop it" side... my tutor said it'll help me understand things in uni easier, but i think i'm too unmotivated.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
samantha_s said:
Is this true? I think regardless of the answer I am leaning to the "drop it" side... my tutor said it'll help me understand things in uni easier, but i think i'm too unmotivated.
Only if they end up counting for your UAI. If you only have 10 units and you flunk any of them, it will drag your UAI down, extension or not. If you have more than 10 units, you have a buffer in case that happens.

I_F

samantha_s

HSC
If I end up with 11 units, I shouldn't be flunking anything either. Hopefully I'll have much motivation left over.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That's kind of true, meaning that doing 11 rather than 10 units is not much of a difference other than the extra bit of workload and allowing you only to stuff up that 1 unit, which would probably be one of your english units.

samantha_s

HSC
I've decided to drop Maths Extension 2. I've really taken into consideration what everyone has said. It's a good subject, but if I kept it I know I'd just be forcing myself. I'd like to say thank you to everyone for their advice!

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
Great decision!

Now you'll have so much more time, and your marks won't suffer so long as you cane 2U & Ext. 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)