Should I get tutoring in year 11 (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
AS title states, shud i take it for just maths ext1. and then phys/chem in yr 12, ???

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Eh, I wouldn't waste any money, MX1 preliminary content is pretty easy.

Sagachii

HSC
^ agree with above.

The effort put into Year 11 seems like a total waste once you finish.

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Don't mind Eddy Q, Varin9 he think's he's smart but not everyone is in his position also he sounds like a douche. If you find it hard understanding and doing poorly in tests you should definitely go get help.
Well, take what you want from my advice, I'm not here to argue with anyone. All I'm saying is that I think the preliminary course was pretty basic and that paying for a tutor would be a waste of money that could be spent on other things. But yes, I agree with you, if Varin9 does find it hard to cope in preliminary mathematics extension 1 he should get help, I just don't think he should get it at the beginning of year 11 since it doesn't determine the rest of his performance.

xChRoMaTiCx

HSC
Well, take what you want from my advice, I'm not here to argue with anyone. All I'm saying is that I think the preliminary course was pretty basic and that paying for a tutor would be a waste of money that could be spent on other things. But yes, I agree with you, if Varin9 does find it hard to cope in preliminary mathematics extension 1 he should get help, I just don't think he should get it at the beginning of year 11 since it doesn't determine the rest of his performance.
You're a downer matey

t00l

HSC
AS title states, shud i take it for just maths ext1. and then phys/chem in yr 12, ???
in my opinion, i think its best to build your foundation in math now so its alright to get a tutor. i also agree that phys/chem can wait until year 12 but id advise you to get a 1 on 1 tutor, simply because a room full of smart and dumb kids sucks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
See how you go in the first exam (should be the easiest). Then if your struggling - find a tutor.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
in my opinion, i think its best to build your foundation in math now so its alright to get a tutor. i also agree that phys/chem can wait until year 12 but id advise you to get a 1 on 1 tutor, simply because a room full of smart and dumb kids sucks
t00l makes a fair point. If you start tuition earlier, you'll establish the foundations. Year 12 Maths expands on the concepts learnt in preliminary years, if you fail to comprehend preliminary concepts then most likely you'll struggle in the HSC year.

Its not hard to do well, stay on top of your work and ask your teachers when you don't understand a concept.

Last edited:

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
In response to above posts as long as you feel comfortable with using money too then it's fine.

john may lives

HSC
I got private mx1 tutoring in year 11 and it really helped. group tutoring is just a waste of money

HSC
Uni Grad
I had group tutoring in year 11, turned out to be alright coz at least I was able to build my foundation for year 12...
I went ahead with topics too, which helped me personally (sometimes its better not to go ahead though)

imo you should have a try, if you find its a waste of money and time then quit, but by the time you're in year 12 you should have tutoring..

FTW

HSC
It depends on the person. If you find your teacher inadequate or a particularly struggling with some concepts then tutoring maybe be for you. Also if you don't have the motivation to do homework and study on your own. However many people find it just as easy without one.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Don't waste your money on something that doesn't count.
as long as you're not lazy you should be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)