Should I go to a library after school? (1 Viewer)

Hazballs

HSC
I tend to just go to our school library, i go there 3 days a week from 3:30 til 6 which is when it shuts and its pretty effective working because you don't really have any distractions.. Also we have teachers there that help us if we have any problems

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I found libraries productive but if you know a lot of people there or your friends are going, chances are you won't end up doing much work unless you are all equally committed to studying. As a uni student who also studied at the public library, once 3pm came, there was always the kids who rocked up with a football, some without even having any books, and all they'd do is sit and talk (and annoy everyone else who was actually trying to study or do work). I bet after HSC results came out they probably wondered how they did so bad given they went to the library every day.

So the two points I'm making here are:
1. Will you be efficient and effective studying there (compared to being at home or elsewhere)?
2. Will you be able to cope with other people being ineffective and distracting?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For the past week or so, ive been staying back from uni to study until ~ 9 or 10pm. I get so much work done...

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
My local library is noisy... at home is siblings and plenty of distractions... state library is 40min from home :| madness...:punch:
I am in the same situation! I want to go to the local library to study on the weekends...

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I love going to my local library to study! When I'm at home everything's a distraction so I never get any work done.

darlking

HSC
N/A
Thats so true! My siblings and the tv are so noisy :vcross:

darlking

HSC
N/A
The computer is a huge distraction, what I need is a place where I won't be looking around at what other people are doing :L

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Ikr and the computer's pratically begging me to go on facebook

Realista

HSC
I don't like going to the library straight after school, so only go on Wednesday as I finish school early and have time to go home to chill for half an hour, change clothes and eat something.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I used to go with friends. It does help, especially if u can't study well at home but a word of advice, if u go with friends, no more than 4 people. Trust me.

HSC
Well, I think it is productive because there is hardly any distractions then you would have at home.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Just wondering if any of you guys find it productive going to the library after school to do homework/study and whether it's effective use of time. Thanks
It depends on the person. Some people will find studying in a library useful as seeing various other students studying acts as motivation. However, some people such as me occasionally will find it extremely difficult to study in a public library after school as there are many loud students and children who ruin your concentration. As always, it is up to you to try, and find out what's best for yourself.

jmilroy94

HSC
As long as you have the right mindset (that is to get the work done) and your local library is relatively distraction free, going to the library after school can be very productive and beneficial.

If you're like me however it can be very hard to refrain from driving somewhere more interesting lol

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
It really does depend on the library though. Some libraries have places where there is no talking at all (like it should be!) but they also have a place where it isn't as quiet so kids can talk, there can be group discussions, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)