Should I have done Physics? (4 Viewers)

QuantumQueen

HSC
N/A
Because Physics is not like other sciences. Chemistry and Biology are a lot about memorizing, I am interested in Physics, and plus my school had very limited options, and there wasn't really a whole lot I was interested in.

QuantumQueen

HSC
N/A
Yes, thats what I meant about the mountain:)

Thanks heaps. I learnt a lot today.

QuantumQueen

HSC
N/A
I just looked at the syllabus for the premlin course. It has things like courses which are named The World Communicates, Electrical Energy in the Home, Moving about and cosmic machine. Is that what you learn now?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm... yes. Because that's what the syllabus states.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I just looked at the syllabus for the premlin course. It has things like courses which are named The World Communicates, Electrical Energy in the Home, Moving about and cosmic machine. Is that what you learn now?
Cosmic Machine! Haha! It's Cosmic Engine little one. :) Yes it's what we learn in the Preliminary course.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah lol, is it easy?
If you pay attention. It's mainly to do with the theory side. Hardly any mathematical calculations except Kelper's three laws of planetary motion. I am off to watch the Swans game! Goodbye young adventurer.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Because Physics is not like other sciences. Chemistry and Biology are a lot about memorizing, I am interested in Physics, and plus my school had very limited options, and there wasn't really a whole lot I was interested in.
You have to memorise heaps of shit in Physics too, there's heaps of historical crap that bored me shitless in the preliminary course. Chemistry probably has the same amount of mathematical working as physics and probably the same amount of content and concepts.

If you pay attention. It's mainly to do with the theory side. Hardly any mathematical calculations except Kelper's three laws of planetary motion. I am off to watch the Swans game! Goodbye young adventurer.
So pretty much if your teacher doesn't know what is happening then you're fucked and if there are children in the class that disrupt it because they don't know what's going on that will effect you.
Also, they fuckin' lost!!!

jnney

lemon
HSC
Cosmic Machine! Haha! It's Cosmic Engine little one. :) Yes it's what we learn in the Preliminary course.
Like. :)

Dont worry about what other people have told you. You need to try out the course yourself, we all have different opinions about physics. To answer your question - not physics is not 'hard'. It's like asking if maths, history or english is hard. There simply is no such thing. If you are willing to put in the time and effort to understand something, then you wont fail, you will undoubtfully ace it. Only lazy people would say something is 'hard'. There simply is no. Such. Thing. Stop thinking too much about it, just do it. If you find that you dont like it later, you can always change aubjects.

mattyr1

HSC
dont stress m8 i was hopeless at science in junior years and i took chem and phys up and im not regreting it one bit,, but u have to continuously revise ur syllabus and do questions once they are taught to u and u should do quite fine

jamesfirst

HSC
Yep. Physics maybe the best thing that'll happen to you in Highschool. It's simply the BEST subject

jnney

lemon
HSC
Oh god biology is so boring.

I'm revising for physics right at this moment.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Year 11 physics is nothing compared to year 12 physics, although it's very interesting :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Biology almost wrecked my band 6 for Science in the School Certificate.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
How do you stand bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't take it. Meiosis Mitosis . lol
Mitosis and meiosis are manly year 11 things.
Btw, BIOLOGY is the BEST.
But only because I'm pwning at it.
The only thing I got <92% for was the assessment task we had like 4 weeks to do that I did the night before. lol
2600 word report and a model. :D

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Biology almost wrecked my band 6 for Science in the School Certificate.
My teacher said if I don't get a band 6 for bio than something is wrong. lol
But yeah I didn't care before year 10 and then in year 10 I was told we needed bio and chem for med so I fucked up the first physics thing, then I was told chem and physics so I fucked up the bio part in the yearly. Then found out I was doing all of them because bio was my 6th preference and I got my maths, Art didn't run and I got Chem and Physics, but Software was on maths line. So I HAD to do Bio. But I still had no idea about the shit we learned in year 9 and 10 for bio because I didn't think I needed it or was going to do it, so I fucked that part up for my SC and only got 86 or something :(
Did fine all year and planned on dropping it in year 12 but I came 1st in the yearly and came like 5th in physics with 51% so I dropped it instead.
And now it's the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)