should i have fo with UMAT starting from now (is it too late?) (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
HI I know everyone is studying really hard for a UMAT....
and for me i never thought that i will sit down and try for that test so whenever there was talk on UMAT etc at myschool, i didn't go.
so i have poor formation abot UMAT but now i want to try for it...........
however i don;t know anything about it such as how much is UMAT and what to do to get into the Medicine...though i heard some of my friends saying its too expensive and thinking of alternative ways to get into Medicine...

so
just curious
1. Am i too late to start studying for UMat?
2. How much is it and what else do i have to know to get into Medicine?
3. what would be the alternative way to get into medicine

extra question...
recommend me,,, what career should i aim for other than medicine...
i like listening to others, i am good at chem and math and enjoy bio but not good at it.
i like working with people...
so i was thinking about psychology.... (but apprently you have to good at english to do this which i am not... i do standard eng and i am really bad at this....) but what else?

Siddy123

HSC
an alternative would be to undertake a course such as medical science,pharmacy or something health science related and then transfer to medicine. However you will be required to sit the GAMSAT test to get in to medicine. It is much harder then UMAT, and i hear it costs around the same.
So you're better off giving it a shot now, and if u dont make it, try each year until u get it.
Thats if u really want medicine. :):)

now, in terms of studying for UMAT, its sorta late, but u can still start.. I personally dont know when the application for it is, but i know the exam is mid june/july.
So you better start studying and call up UAC, to find out more information.

animeiswild

HSC
The applications will be open soon. Your career advisor should be able to provide with more information. I mean our year advisor sends us emails and everything too.

The exam should be at the end of July. I heard it's on the 25th of July... So I guess you still have time to prepare and there's no guarantee that prep for UMAT would help much anyway since it's not exactly study-able.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
its never too late to start preparing for umat, as some of the umat content is iq etc.
its definately better to go through umat now then going through post-grad and doing gamsat

if you are good with people, maybe consider occupational therapy which is still down the medical/health science path.

K

khorne

if you can't work this out for yourself

you're not going to get into med

delian

HSC
N/A
Definitely not too late to start practice.
I have some umat practice papers if you're interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)